• Foxboro Stadium, Foxboro MA, 1994
    • Citrus Bowl, Orlando 1996-97-98-03
    • Byrd Stadium, College Park MD 2000
    • Invesco Field, Denver 2004
    • Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA, 2005
    • Rose Bowl, Pasadena CA, 2007
    • Memorial Stadium, Bloomington IN

Invesco Field Denver is my vote.

I never understood why DCI went with Dallas in 1991, other than maybe the attraction of thousands of marching band kids to Finals. North Texas in August=Dust bowl and oven all rolled into 1 nasty package. (I'm a native Texan and still live here, I can speak of the state this way and get away with it. :drool: )

But Denver is amazing, usually great weather, easy to fly into, great attractions and hotels nearby (I got a room at the Convention Center Hyatt on Priceline for $79!!!). Let's make that our destination after the 10 years in Indy!

(Edited to add: That gives us 10 years to potentially work up a Troopers Alumni Corps!)

Edited by TerriTroop

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for all those who say going to the same place for 10 years will get old. If they made that agreement with one of the stadiums in the Baltimore/Dc area you wouldn't have that complaint since there is so much to do in this area.

If only that would happen. FedEx Field would be great for finals IMO. Even M&T would work well. Oh well. Guess I missed out on the "hometown" final in 2000.

There are going to be so many brand new stadiums by 2018 or 2017 when finals are in a new place outside of Indy that some of these places will never been used for finals again.

1) Invesco field has been the best experience for me. Great location, lots of parking, seating is very nice and updated, food was great and the sound is incredible. The field is perhaps the greatest I have ever marched on...smooth like carpet.

Memorial (Bloomington) There isn't a bad seat in the house but it is a little cramped. The stadium food was ridiculously overpriced and not even that good. Parking was okay but getting to and around Bloomington was not that great for such a large event. The stands were right up to the field so it sounds great but it lead to chaos as corps come on and off the field. (Thanks Cadets for waiting to set up...not) It is nice to have finals on a campus too.

Camp Randall. I've never been there but I would imagine that there is a great atmosphere there. Sounds similar to the Bloomington local

Arrowhead. Accoustics are okay and seating is pretty decent. I think they have chair seating throughout but tight rows. Foods okay. Yeah lots of parking and the city offers a lot. I just don't think its as great of a stadium as everyone thinks.

Citrus Bowl Orlando: Located in the ghetto....just look at the gas station across the street on the one side. Sound is fairly good. Weather always a toss up with rain and heat.

Cotton Bowl: Very outdated stadium with uncomfortable seating. The field is a little rough. Also located in a shady neighborhood.

Rose Bowl: Again never been their but I heard from my friends that the field was in terrible shape. Seating sounds like it is accoustically bad for DCI (too far from the field). Pasadena a nice location though

I hope that Lucas Oil will be awesome too!

Edited by hrnguy500

I cannot believe that 3 people actually voted for Jackson MS. That's hands down the worst I've attended.

That is a shocker. '93 Was a great year for Drum corps. But probably if not THE worst finals location,terrible housing,field sucked. I'm not to sure as to what DCI was thinking that year. I dont think '91 Dallas was that bad...not anywhere close to what Jackson was.

The thing that annoyed me the most at Camp Randall was the huge walls in the walk ways by concessions where people could get condiments. It really pinched the walkways and caused bad traffic. That and the corps were parked what seemed miles away. Other than that I liked it.