Innovative Percussion dominance

I just thought it was interesting that the top four drumlines were using IP sticks. Is this the start of a new kind of dynasty? It would be interesting to see who replaces Aungst at Cadets, for if it's another IP artist, that's another drumline powerhouse added to their lineup.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa, relax. I never said that the scores were caused by the brand of the stick. just pointing out an observation, thats all. it could also do great things for IP, if they choose to

Just saying. It's not about what kind of sticks you have. It's how you use the ones you got. Or IS it? I am not a drummer so maybe I wouldn't know. :laughing:

Just saying. It's not about what kind of sticks you have. It's how you use the ones you got. Or IS it? I am not a drummer so maybe I wouldn't know. :thumbup:

No - you are correct. It's not the sticks, or the drums. It's the players and the staff that make the line. Innovative will probably sell more sticks this year though. :laughing:

How much do you think winning or top lines in drum corps influence purchases in marching bands?

I don't have any figures (that would require actual effort) but I'd bet it has a bigger influence on the players than staff. "Gee whiz - Phantom used Innovative sticks - lets use those!"

Hell, I know my high school line (and everyone else in town) used DC10s back in the early 80's - because Rob Carson and SCV used them.

...I know my high school line (and everyone else in town) used DC10s back in the early 80's - because Rob Carson and SCV used them.

I remember those. They were like clubs (size-wise) compared to the sticks of today.