Cadets announce percussion arrangers

Cadets have announced Colin McNutt and Ian Moyer as arrangers for the Cadets. Should be a smooth transition....they're both great arrangers and teachers.

I marched with Colin for 3 years at UMass when I was in the cadets...great guy, great hands, and was mentored by Thom Hannum. Should be a great fit for the corps.

Cadets have announced Colin McNutt and Ian Moyer as arrangers for the Cadets. Should be a smooth transition....they're both great arrangers and teachers.

I marched with Colin for 3 years at UMass when I was in the cadets...great guy, great hands, and was mentored by Thom Hannum. Should be a great fit for the corps.

Colin and Ian are great writers, teachers, and people for that matter. They have big shoes to fill, but I am sure they will do a great job. It will be interesting to hear how their writing mixes with Jay Bocook's arrangements. Jay has mostly written with Tom and Neil (in drum corps).

i have a feeling the cadets will have an earthy, slower-paced, world music-based piece somewhere towards the middle of their show, featuring a flugelhorn soloist and perhaps some log drums.

coincidentally, glassmen 02 is currently on my tv, and the flugelhorn piece is about to start.....hm....how about that.

Ian Moyer is a Crossmen Alumni

Percussion 97-98 Percussion Staff 99

And Colin was on our staff 97-99.

Both good choices.

i have a feeling the cadets will have an earthy, slower-paced, world music-based piece somewhere towards the middle of their show, featuring a flugelhorn soloist and perhaps some log drums.

In a show about Leonard Bernstein? I doubt it. Colin just happened to be working with corps that had those themes in their show.

Colin's writing is very progressive (see the bassline's 8's exercise this year) and bound to fit The Cadets' style well.

Iain also writes very cool stuff. You're bound to see a nice ensemble-oriented music in the pit.

Good luck to the new staff and the corps in '09!

Colin's awesome. GMen 2001 was a great line. He was caption head there that year. Great book - I loved it.

I didn't think this would even be a surprise considering Colin and Ian have been running Cadets' rehearsals way more than Tom and Neil for the last 2 years.

And Cadets placed 6th in drums last year ...