top 12 trivia

There were 2 years where each position in the top 12 set a record score for that position to date. Can you name the two years this occurred?

Certainly not 2002, since the Blue Devils' 2nd place score of 97.30 was nowhere near the highest 2nd place score of all-time.

I'll say 1972 and 1989.

Okay, I'm assuming he's not counting 1972.

It was 1975 and 1984.

Did you know... that the 12th place corps only topped 80 once during the "tick" system (1982)?

I believe one of the years has to be '89 as I do not believe any second place corps has exceeded the 98.4 that the 2nd place corps got that year.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, 1989 is not one of the years. While first and second place were a record score to date, a few of the lower positions did not set a record.

yes I did not count 1972, and yes the answer is 1975 and 1984 all twelve corps scored the highest score for their position to date.

yes I did not count 1972, and yes the answer is 1975 and 1984 all twelve corps scored the highest score for their position to date.

84 makes perfect sense when you consider that it was the first year without any ticks across the board.