Vesuvius - 2008 Cadets Closer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm just being the typical DCP flamer and taking complete offense from your opinion. Cause nobody else's opinion matters besides my own!

But really, it's all good. Honestly, I could care less. Just wanted to share my opinion, because I don't think too many people feel the same way.

<off topic>

I was in the orchestra that did both the U.S. and World premiere of Vesuvius (titled Volcano at the time)

</off topic>

Sorry, we now return you to our regularly scheduled program :smile:

Well I fell in love with Vesuvius the first time I heard the arrangement in March. My favorite part is that long run the hornline has. It's a traditional Cadet run that gets me going everytime. I am looking forward to the DVD release of finals so I can watch it.

I've always loved Bocooks arrangements for the Cadets. Very energetic and exciting, like Downy in the 80's and 90's. I think Vesuvius has become one of my favorite of his arrangements, I don't know what years he did their arrangements so I'm not sure what years to compare it too, maybe someone could enlighten me.

I don't know what years he did their arrangements so I'm not sure what years to compare it too, maybe someone could enlighten me.

1993-2001, 2004-present

Vesuvius has been on my iPod for years, in the playlist titled Show Ideas. Those darn Cadets keep putting tunes I want to do on the field! :smile:

My only negative about Vesuvius is that I would consider it too easy for a top drum corps. But now that Visual is the most important part of a show, music has definitely gotten easier. If you don't believe me (or lack the history to have experienced the more difficult shows of the past), take a listen to a corps like the 1985 (or 1975) Vanguard. Music that tough is very rare these days.

Vesuvius has been on my iPod for years, in the playlist titled Show Ideas. Those darn Cadets keep putting tunes I want to do on the field! :smile:

My only negative about Vesuvius is that I would consider it too easy for a top drum corps. But now that Visual is the most important part of a show, music has definitely gotten easier. If you don't believe me (or lack the history to have experienced the more difficult shows of the past), take a listen to a corps like the 1985 (or 1975) Vanguard. Music that tough is very rare these days.

Agreed. And you were on the MelloCast last week right, with Philip Sparke's Year of the Dragon? Wow...and Cadets played that only 11 years ago. One of the hardest pieces I've ever heard played by a drum corps.