Fever and Capital Sound

Good luck to you Marc and your organization. Indeed, just like Randy said, it was GREAT to see you at finals......see you next in VEGAS!!!!

love ya

Mayra

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stated Marc!! I agree that soooo many on here claim to know everything about everything, but in actuality all they try and do is find the negative with the situations. Wish they all could spend a few days walking in our shoes. It was great to see you at finals week and good luck with 2009. If there is anything that Teal can do to help you all out, just let me know.

See you in a few weeks in Vegas!!!

Randy

Its unfortunate that that so many people (including directors) do the same thing by assuming they think they know what people know and dont know. Slightly hypocritical.

Anyway..done with this topic...Good Luck to everyone in their growth for next season.

Everyone knows what happened to Cap Sound, but I think the real question is what have they been preparing for during this year off? Though it doesn't completely relate to Cap Sound as a drum corps, I read in their home show ad journal that they are going to put out an indoor drumline (Capital Rhythm) and a winterguard (Capital Motion) along with their corps. Expect to see great things from the organization in the coming years!

IMHO, what the Director of CS did is called "good management practice". Instead of possibly jeopardizing the health and/or safety of his members, he took the painful but necessary action to shut things down for a year and re-group. Bravo Marc! I hope you have a very successful 2009 season.

good luck to Cap Sound this year....as for Fever, i haven't heard anything, but i'm kinda outta contact w/ people since i'm in TX. hopefully, everything goes well for this year

I was told a few months ago by a Fever staff member about a meeting for potential members in 2009.

That meeting never actually happened, and I haven't heard anything of it since.

I highly doubt we'll see Fever back in 2009, and if things keep looking like they are, we may not see them ever again.

:rock::w00t::doh:

the new info i have heard from another member is that IF Fever comes back this year, it will essentially be a new corps w/ a new name.

the new info i have heard from another member is that IF Fever comes back this year, it will essentially be a new corps w/ a new name.

Would Phil be the corps director?

i haven't heard any info on that

...CS did is called "good management practice".

Yes, but what isn't such good management is only offering your members a 10% refund on dues paid for the non-existent season. Effectively having them pay $800 for six camps.

If that remains the case, I suspect the corps will find themselves lacking some returning members come audition season.