THUNDERBIRDS 1ST MINI-CORPS REHEARSAL

So, Nick.........you gonna grow up????? Will the chicks still dig ya? Will DonnyJoe still love ya????? Will you make the night show?????? Will you move on stage????? Inquiring minds want to know.

Joebaloney (according to Nick)

(the guy whose wife started him on a Mature multi-vitamin.........yeah, like THAT would work)

I'm goin'. Gene, Gary, Rick'll be there.........We got 21 people. Gettin' excited about our 1st rehearsal. I'm hopin' to have, at least 3 before Fri. Gotta play this Double "G" during one of my solo's and I ain't really been practicing. Dam! Hope I don't suck. Oh, the THUNDERBIRDS won't suck, though. Hey, as long as we make the night show. That's all that matters. Playing as good as Donny Allen matters too. When I grow up though, I wanna play like Frank.

What..........SHUT UP AND PLAY? ............................OK.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow yinz are doing drill too? Good luck! Maybe GR should put the wagon wheel back in.

I wonder if Star United will be doing any drill?

Dont forget that you dont get credit for doing drill UNLESS it affects the effectiveness of the music in a positive way, otherwise it could DETRACT from your score...proper technique of upper and lower body, foot placement, posture etc...

Donny

Yepper Donny........it is "XTREME", but it's what we do.........it won't affect us negatively, but if we play well AND move (and the drill supports the musical mood) we should be fine. Rehearsal went great yesterday and, as a corps, we feel that it's not about winning, but pushing the envelope and ourselves. Being with friends (minicorps and drum corps cats like you, Nick, Gary Golde, et ux, et al) in common cause is enough.

Joe

Wow yinz are doing drill too? Good luck! Maybe GR should put the wagon wheel back in.

I wonder if Star United will be doing any drill?

Dont forget that you dont get credit for doing drill UNLESS it affects the effectiveness of the music in a positive way, otherwise it could DETRACT from your score...proper technique of upper and lower body, foot placement, posture etc...

Donny

Yepper Donny........it is "XTREME", but it's what we do.........it won't affect us negatively, but if we play well AND move (and the drill supports the musical mood) we should be fine. Rehearsal went great yesterday and, as a corps, we feel that it's not about winning, but pushing the envelope and ourselves. Being with friends (minicorps and drum corps cats like you, Nick, Gary Golde, et ux, et al) in common cause is enough.

Joe

Jim (joe) ,

I'm with you. We're ALSO just trying to push the boundaries in our own little corner of the Mini-Corps world. I don' expect it to be competitive.

With the state of the Mini-Corps activity right now, we're just honored and excited to be a part of it.

Looking forward to seeing all our Mini-Corps buds. Even Donny. :thumbup: See ya in Rochahcha!

Edited by brassomaniac

Is Nick still playing with tons of vibrato?

You betchum Tom. The good thing is that the kids will benefit from see youse old guys........ They can still move, that's why I ain't on that stage.........once ye get over 89 it ain't as easy makin the moves 'cept with the walker

Joe

Jim (joe) ,

I'm with you. We're ALSOjust trying to push the boundaries in our own little corner of the Mini-Corps world. I don' expect it to be competitive.

With the state of the Mini-Corps activity right now, we're just honored and excited to be a part of it.

Looking forward to seeing all our Mini-Corps buds. Even Donny. :thumbup: See ya in Rochahcha!

I for one can't wait to find out. I hope for a seat in spit valve range......he is Nick and chicks still dig him

Is Nick still playing with tons of vibrato?

I for one can't wait to find out. I hope for a seat in spit valve range......he is Nick and chicks still dig him

Chicks dig me.......and.......I got references. You brought it up so let me elaborate. Ahem.........Chicks dig Nick. That is all.

People ask me: "How's your girlfriend doin'?" I always reply: "Which one....I'm married ya know."

Enough about me.

How's Jimbo Bo Bologna? Ain't heard from ya in a while.

Can't wait until rehearsal tomorrow. I think we're learning new drill. Donny, you're right about posture and foot placement, ect...I'll be on it like Blue Bonnet.