1 Kingston Grenadiers 80.650

2 Govenaires 77.413

3 White Sabers 77.313

4 Carolina Gold 75.888

5 Gulf Coast Sound 73.563

6 LakeShoremen 72.963

7 Frontier 72.538

8 Shenandoah Sound 67.500

Kevin, you folks are doing a fantastic job keeping us all informed. I have one question for you though. How many more Corps have declared to compete in Class A? Thank you again for the great job you are all doing.

Edited by Jeff Adams

There's Joe Mello in animation. :-) SNL among others :tongue:

Well, yes there is, but that isn't the psuedonomous (is that even a word) Joe Mello I had in mind. Let me put it this way: to the best of my knowledge, you can't get the answer by googling "Joe Mello." Here's an almost useless hint: He or she was renowned for arrangements of, among other things, one of the tunes you played with Bucs. Probably not the arrangement you played, though.

Robert

Very strong soprano/bari duet after the opening statement.

Now there's a soprano quartet playing up front as contras play the bass line in back.

Kevin, you folks are doing a fantastic job keeping us all informed. I have one question for you though. How many more Corps have declared to compete in Class A? Thank you again for the great job you are all doing.

Good question: I think Fusion and SoCal Dream are the last two A corps tonight. Music City Legend will start off the Open class competition.

Fusion has really taken a step up this year. This is a very demanding and sophisticated show. Percussion is strong for them, as demonstrated by their mini-feature during the opener.

Drill is still fast paced, but there's a nice park and bark (which drowns out the sirens passing behind us).

So far, I see Grennies, Chops, and Fusion as three of the four finalists. White Sabers are on the bubble, depending on what Dream does next.

Very nice small horn ensemble work during the middle portion of the show. The corps is marching with great posture and have a champion bearing about them.

Drums get another mini-feature now. Playing as a full line before the horns come back in.