My DCA 2008 Memory that will stay with me forever

The "Love" between these two Corps is like something that I have never seen before.

I am so proud of both organizations!

Dave

----------------------------

Public Relations

Rochester Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

Look, enough about "our old man," and "your old man!" Honestly, I don't know when I've had as consistently great a time as I've had this year with Cru Tubas. That said, Fusion, you were the icing on the cake. I can't think of another musical event, hell, I can't think of another sporting event where one contestant will collectively go out of it's way to wait and cheer on a competitor. You went a long way toward letting those around you know that drum corps is a lot more than a final score. Best wishes for 2009 Fusion.

Mike Covell

2008 Cru Tuba - Adult Supervision

Look, enough about "our old man," and "your old man!" Honestly, I don't know when I've had as consistently great a time as I've had this year with Cru Tubas. That said, Fusion, you were the icing on the cake. I can't think of another musical event, hell, I can't think of another sporting event where one contestant will collectively go out of it's way to wait and cheer on a competitor. You went a long way toward letting those around you know that drum corps is a lot more than a final score. Best wishes for 2009 Fusion.

Mike Covell

2008 Cru Tuba - Adult Supervision

First let me start by saying using phrases like I don't know when your trying to convince people your not old is probably not a good angle.

The bond between Cru and Fusion is something that truly shows why Drum Corps is such a special activity. I think membership in both organizations will always have that lasting moment. The best to Fusion in 2009 looking forward to many summers carrying on our friendship.

When Fusion was first started, one of our goals was to not only introduce new members to "marching" in a drum corp, but to introduce them to the activity that so many of us have been a part of. Well, WE didn't introduce that part of drum corps to them............Rochester Crusaders did.

In all my years, and it's been MANY, I have never in my life experienced the comaradery with another drum corps like I've experienced these last two years with Cru. I mean, we've had some really great moments with Empire as well and we love them too (besides the fact that they're drum major is HOT!!!!!!!! ), but there's just that special thing that goes on with Cru. I could not get over the feeling I felt as we marched past a sea of white and green cheering us on. I can't even remember ever feeling like that............sorry Ralph :sad: !!!!

The bbq by the way was AMAZING!!!!!!!! Holy cow. I mean, the potatoes (yukon gold............my favorite) were amazing and the steak was one of the best steaks I've EVER had but most of all, I was amazed at how you guys all let us go first so we could get back and get ready. I don't know what to say...............your organization from your admin to your newest member are a COMPLETE CLASS ACT and you have fans and family in Fusion!!! We miss you already.

A special shout out to my new favorite chef/Honor Guard/support LATINO!!!!!!!!!!! Your awesome!!!!!!!!!

Sorry we couldn't do the parking lot jam together, it was a bit crazy.........we'll get there..............just another thing to look forward to.

WIth much love and admiration

Holly

it was bad enought that by the last note of the show i was already crying my eyes out...

and to march off the field and see fusion at the gate...i was a mess...lol.

its just simply amazing!

and we love u guysss!

the things that i have experienced in my two years of marching drum corps with crusaders

i think have had more meaning than anything in my life before...

and i can only imagine the numerous years to come...

=)

Way to go you guys!

Both of your organizations are shining examples of how corps should act with each other....being mean to one another is just crap IMHO...

:sad: Enjoy some well deserved time off from a very busy season!