Thank You From Rochester!

I don’t know where to begin….. It seems like yesterday David Bruni and I were chatting with the folks from the Greater Rochester Visitor’s Association (now Visit Rochester) and we started thinking about putting together a bid to bring DCA to Rochester. This was the winter of 2004. Now here we are just finishing up year number 3 in 2008. I really need to publicly thank my wonderful committee that has been by my side for the past 3 years. These people work countless hours behind the scenes all year. While people are teaching Marching Band in the fall…. We are meeting about DCA. While people are enjoying the WGI season all winter…. We are meeting about DCA. It never ends!! We do this because we believe in our County & City and want you all to have the best experience possible while you’re here. So here I go…

Secretary / Leslie Wehner

Stadium Liaison / Norm LeFrois

Security Liaison (Outside the Stadium logistics) / Joe Siracuse

County of Monroe / Becky Wehner

City of Rochester / JudieLynn McAvinney

City of Rochester / Charles Reaves

PR / Roy Wilson

Housing / Donna Duckett

DCA Headquarters / Colleen Coogan

Practice Sites / Kelli O’Connor

I & E Liaison / Dick Pronti

Empire Statesmen Rep / David Bruni

Visit Rochester / Tim James

Visit Rochester / Traci Armstrong

PAETEC Park / Matt Ford

DCA Business Manager / Dick Eschenmann

DCA Local Rep / Joe Geswaldo

Well there they are!! The people who make Rochester look great. Also keep in mind that each of these people has others working with them….. The city has the Police, Joe has his parking crew, and Matt has his FANTASTIC Stadium crew & great folks from Famous Daves BBQ. There are SO many folks that make this happen. I wish I could bring them all out on the field in front of that huge crowd for a stand O… They deserve it!!

A special thank you goes out to the DCA administration for having trust in me to lead this project once again. And to the Fans…… I know we can’t EVER please everyone but it seems to get better and better each year. If you think you can do it better then jump on board and become a volunteer! We’d love your help…. See you in Rochester in 2009! :sad:

I don’t know where to begin….. It seems like yesterday David Bruni and I were chatting with the folks from the Greater Rochester Visitor’s Association (now Visit Rochester) and we started thinking about putting together a bid to bring DCA to Rochester. This was the winter of 2004. Now here we are just finishing up year number 3 in 2008. I really need to publicly thank my wonderful committee that has been by my side for the past 3 years. These people work countless hours behind the scenes all year. While people are teaching Marching Band in the fall…. We are meeting about DCA. While people are enjoying the WGI season all winter…. We are meeting about DCA. It never ends!! We do this because we believe in our County & City and want you all to have the best experience possible while you’re here. So here I go…

Secretary / Leslie Wehner

Stadium Liaison / Norm LeFrois

Security Liaison (Outside the Stadium logistics) / Joe Siracuse

County of Monroe / Becky Wehner

City of Rochester / JudieLynn McAvinney

City of Rochester / Charles Reaves

PR / Roy Wilson

Housing / Donna Duckett

DCA Headquarters / Colleen Coogan

Practice Sites / Kelli O’Connor

I & E Liaison / Dick Pronti

Empire Statesmen Rep / David Bruni

Visit Rochester / Tim James

Visit Rochester / Traci Armstrong

PAETEC Park / Matt Ford

DCA Business Manager / Dick Eschenmann

DCA Local Rep / Joe Geswaldo

Well there they are!! The people who make Rochester look great. Also keep in mind that each of these people has others working with them….. The city has the Police, Joe has his parking crew, and Matt has his FANTASTIC Stadium crew & great folks from Famous Daves BBQ. There are SO many folks that make this happen. I wish I could bring them all out on the field in front of that huge crowd for a stand O… They deserve it!!

A special thank you goes out to the DCA administration for having trust in me to lead this project once again. And to the Fans…… I know we can’t EVER please everyone but it seems to get better and better each year. If you think you can do it better then jump on board and become a volunteer! We’d love your help…. See you in Rochester in 2009! :sad:

Thank you and that wonderful staff for a great weekend. It was a super job and you made it look easy. It seemed like you already had contingency plans in place when all else failed. A truly remarkable job by truly remarkable people.

BTW-My wife Darlene, said you were voted best dressed at DCA finals. Congratulations!

Steve Cooley

Thank you and that wonderful staff for a great weekend. It was a super job and you made it look easy. It seemed like you already had contingency plans in place when all else failed. A truly remarkable job by truly remarkable people.

BTW-My wife Darlene, said you were voted best dressed at DCA finals. Congratulations!

Steve Cooley

Ha Ha.... thank her for me Steve. Those are my "work clothes" from my normal job :sad: Congrats goes out to you! Mr. HOF!!

Allen

You , your committee and the City of Rochester have been great hosts over the last 3 years. I know the tireless and sometimes thankless efforts that go into staging an event like this, and your positive and "we'll make it work" attitude, even in the face of adversity and complaints, is what has made the last 3 years of DCA Championships in Rochester a success. THANK YOU for giving US a great experience. :sad:

One more to go.. and I am sure it will be bigger and better!

Oh and the staff luncheon this year... best one so far :sad:

Allen:

Congratulations and many thank-yous to you and your entire team for putting together a great weekend! It was fantastic.

And whatever deals you made to get us the weather we had this weekend, please get those in place for 2009! :sad:

Edited by TomMoore

Everything was GREAT!,.................hats off to you, your committee, and all of their help,.................and especially to the people of Rochester, who could not have been more gracious, helpful, and yes, in some cases understanding,..............

Here is to an even better 2009,..............if that is even possible!

Hey Tom, that was me who got that beautiful weather here this past weekend. Did I get any recognition from Allen??? No! But I can handle it.

And to think, I was JUST a volunteer. :innocent:

Ray you did a wonderful job.... Now start working on next year!!

Allen, you and your staff did a great job. Did you offer human sacrifice to get the weather's cooperation?

Hey, I even got to eat at Dinosaur BBQ...........about time...........yes, I pigged out, but the Yuengling was cold.

Well done

Jim