Sudden Tragedy!

It's one of the downsides to Drum Corps. You begin to feel an afinity with others because you share a common interest, then when tragedy strikes you're heartbroken. :whistle:

Edited by Piper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much for your kind words and sympathy. I am so hurt and devistated, but at the same time so beyond grateful

for having th best and most supportive Mom and Dad a guy could ask for. Over the last 5 years or so, my relationship

with Mom was getting better and better...not that it was ever bad, but sometimes, you misunderstand a parent's loving discipline when

you are younger. Last month, while finals was going on, we had an early celebration of my parents' 50th with family... and it was such

a great time. I had some great moments with Mom and got the chance to tell her and Dad how I feel about them.

Even weeks after, I was just really reflecting on all my parents have done for me and what a giving person my Mom

has always been. And when this happened yesterday, as horrific and shocking as it is, I have been able to have a small amount of

peace knowing that me and Mom left on great terms. There was no unfinished buisness between Mom and I.

Now I will go back, and with my family, rally around my Dad who's pain must be a million times worse than mine.

Pray that I can be there for him in whatever way he needs!

And again - Thanks to all my Scout brothers, and every other Corps represented here!

I truly feel lifted up and encouraged by all of you.

MYNWA!!!

This is what it's all about. What you and your mom, and your parents, shared is about the best any of us can hope for. The heartbreaking part is how swiftly that can be taken away. You and your family have my heartfelt condolences. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hey bud...I know the pain and I know it well. I lost my mom completely unexpectedly. She was my biggest supporter--loved drum corps, loved music, loved all that I was doing. But just like you, my relationship with my mom (and my dad for that matter) had gotten so much better after I stopped being a self-centered jerk and realized how lucky I was to have such great parents. And I know that even though I lost my mom when I least expected it, she KNEW, absolutely KNEW, that I loved her and dad and appreciated their parenting.

God bless bud...hang in there...and know you have an entire activity that shares a brotherhood and sisterhood right behind you propping you up.

Jeff:

You can be certain that the entire drum community and family is with you during these times. Our prayers are with you and will remain with you always. Be strong for your family and let your experiences in drum corps and with the Scouts help you through this difficult time. You'll never walk alone!

David A. Faust

Reading Buccaneers

1982 Drumline

2007 Hornline

2006 Hornline (until Lewisburg)

2008 Honor Guard & Support

Chief of Police

Emmaus Police Department

Dear God, please be with Jeff and his family in this time of tragedy.

+++

I'm so sorry Jeff. I don't know what else to say.

-Dave

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that last night I received news that my Mother

was killed in a car accident. My Mom and Dad were celebrating their 50th Anniversary

yeterday with a day of golfing in northern Wisconsin. On their way home, a car heading

in the opposite direction hit a deer, launching it through the passenger windowof my Dad's car, killing

my Mom almost instantly. My Dad is o.k. (a few scrapes) but absolutely devistated,

as all of us in the family are. I'm flying back tommorrow to be with the family and

start the incredibly hard greiving proccess. I would appreciate all your thoughts

and prayers as we try to mend and heal in the coming days, weeks, and months.

Thank you.

That is really awful. So sorry for you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers. You know you have a huge drum corps family thinking of you.

Colts and Bluecoats alumni mom.

I lost my mother unexpectedly in March. She suffered from complications from a hip fracture at 88 years of age. Her loss leaves me with little strength at times and it takes faith to face each day. Unlike some, mom and I had a perfect mother/daughter relationship our whole life. She was the one who supported me from day one until her last day on this earth to march in drum corps and keep drumming! She loved when I gave her "concerts" i.e. drumming on my pad with an MP3, etc. late into the night. She said it put her to sleep! I empathize with your loss and will keep you in my prayers. My only consolation is that she and my mom are in a better place either at rest, or having a party in Heaven! I will be keeping your family and dad in prayer as well.