Southwind returning in 2009?

Sam98

Nothing on their official website--in fact, the site hasn't been updated since early summer. Anybody heard anything?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting to hear something, I haven't heard anything official yet. All I know is I really hope to see them back on the field in 2009.

I am very hopeful we'll see Southwind back next season.....solid, stable, and ready to entertain us.

The members there have positive experiences and are looked after pretty well.......an important thing when you have a lot of younger kids new to the activity as Southwind often did.

Being reasonably near us, just under 5 hours driving, Southwind is a corps I'm comfortable recommending to kids interested in marching who aren't quite ready to do it at Carolina Crown's level.

Carolina Crown is a corps I'm comfortable recommending to kids interested in marching who aren't quite ready to do it at Southwind's level.

..ii really hope that comment was meant to be sarcastic

Because when your in HS, the only true measure of success is if you are the winner, or in the top 6, it's never about how amazing an organization is, or what you are going to get out of it...and that it not a knock on Crown, just a simple truth that many believe the only quality organizations are the ones that have their name in lights.

I sure do hope they are back, that would be great, if they are not, there are a lot of great corps out there from Pioneer through Phantom and most points in between.