Memorial service for Bram Lambrechtse

Services for Bram Lambrechtse will be on Saturday, September 27th at 6:00 pm. Please be casual and ready to tell your stories about Bram. The celebration will be at Brunsman Hall, the social hall between St. Francis church and St. Francis Elementary School. The address is 2500 K St., in Sacramento, CA.

If you are able, please bring over finger food and or a bottle of wine to share. Any drink is fine other than beer or heavy alcohol.

In lieu of flowers, donations can eventually be deposited into a bank account that will secure all monies for a student scholarship fund. Specific information about how to access the account will be available sometime next week, if not before. I will post that information as it becomes available.

You know the person that is always at camps, always on tour, seen at the Chuck Wagon or whatever you call your food truck, always with a smile handing out food - Bram invented that position and was that person for the Freelancers.

hsreed is right on the money.

Most who read this board may not recognize Bram's name, and that's because he deflected praise and shunned notoriety. But all in the drum corps activity know someone like him, who spreads a good vibe wherever he goes with his unlimited enthusiasm and generosity.

He did it for years, this immigrant who became a VISTA volunteer in the '60s and staunch supporter of drum corps kids from then on for the rest of his life.

You may not have known him, but remember his name: Bram Lambrechtse. People like him are what is so very right about this activity.

Kelli

Get John to dust off his arrangement of Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend". Either that or "Amazing Grace". Bram, his friends, and family would appreciate either one of those.

Bram was one of the reasons I always felt like I was cared for while I was with the Freelancers.

Bob