Crossmen Post New Percussion Team

Sorry. This is a major upgrade

Well, you have your opinion, and that was mine. Based on my experience I wouldn't call it a major upgrade, and I'll probably have a hard time rooting for the Crossmen this year. But that's me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you have your opinion, and that was mine. Based on my experience I wouldn't call it a major upgrade, and I'll probably have a hard time rooting for the Crossmen this year. But that's me.

Hmmm...your experience tells you this isn't a major upgrade. Your experience with the Crossmen? As a marching member? As a percussionist? As a drum corps fan? As a judge? With the 08 staff? With the 09 staff? Exactly what experience do you have that would clarify your statement?

Sad...stating you would have a hard time rooting for the Crossmen this year...last time I checked, corps were comprised of more than just the percussion section.

Hmmm...your experience tells you this isn't a major upgrade. Your experience with the Crossmen? As a marching member? As a percussionist? As a drum corps fan? As a judge? With the 08 staff? With the 09 staff? Exactly what experience do you have that would clarify your statement?

Sad...stating you would have a hard time rooting for the Crossmen this year...last time I checked, corps were comprised of more than just the percussion section.

Experience with the people involved. Don't worry about it, obviously the way I feel isn't going to affect your opinion. Yes, there is more to a corps than percussion but let's just say its personal.

Experience with the people involved. Don't worry about it, obviously the way I feel isn't going to affect your opinion. Yes, there is more to a corps than percussion but let's just say its personal.

....well that is just a little obvious! And I'm sure that is a very good reason to hold it against 150 kids who had nothing to do with your "personal" problem. Very mature...

So it's a personal preference with you.

Point...when you are sitting in the stands clapping/cheering for a corps visual/horn line/percussion/guard....is it the performance/performers you applaude or the staff listed on their website.

Ponder....

Wow, guys chill a little bit. I hold nothing against the Crossmen, never have (except when I was in direct competition with them, in which case it was just competitive rivalry), but yes their decision will leave a sour taste in my mouth...betcha a million bucks they couldn't care less...as they shouldn't. It's just my opinion, and being a drummer percussion is what I focus on 90% of the time no matter which corps I watch. Sorry, that's just how I take in drum corps. It's a personal choice and nothing against the Crossmen. I never said the Crossmen suck or that I hate the Crossmen because neither of those would be true. I think this is being taken a little too seriously.

complete brass Staff from 2008 including Chez are back for 09.

Just posted on crossmens web site. Good move

Edited by dcifan2002

Dude! This will be an very exciting for the Crossmen organization this year. I have met both Ray and Jaime and they both seem to have a real strong passion of music and education. With the announcement of the brass staff return I think that the corps will have another successful year no matter what they place.

Edited by PercED