New Caption Head for SCV...

Hopefully, depsite the change in caption heads, there will be solid continuity for the members, with Andre being involved last year.

I wish 'em well... SCV has always been one of my favorites.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre will do a great job! Bob did a great job and he is a great educator!

Now, if they would just change that marching technique.

Changing caption heads for brass was definitely needed.

Andre is a great educator, and connected with the members last summer much better than Bob. I for one am REALLY glad Bob's gone and Andre has taken over. It's what I wish they had done last year, actually.

And why are you glad that Bob is gone?

I think this is a great move.

now......replacing Poulan......hmmm

the guy who arranged for them in 99/2000!!! wouldn't that be something? who was that anyway? Is he doing anything now? why not if he isn't??

Gordon Henderson was the brass arranger in 1999. Dean Westman was the arranger in 2000.

They've both been moving around the activity since that time. Since 1999, Gordon has worked with the Cadets, Capital Regiment, and the Troopers.

Since 2000, Dean has worked with the Cavaliers, Cadets, and finally for the Troopers as well.

My apologies if I got any of that wrong.

Gordon Henderson was the brass arranger in 1999. Dean Westman was the arranger in 2000.

They've both been moving around the activity since that time. Since 1999, Gordon has worked with the Cadets, Capital Regiment, and the Troopers.

Since 2000, Dean has worked with the Cavaliers, Cadets, and finally for the Troopers as well.

ooo cool, I assumed it was the same guy,

The arrangements are really similar in style.

And very Vanguard.

I'm not exactly sure, but I don't think Dean has worked with The Cavaliers since 1995. He took a couple years off, but I think started at SCV around 1997m was there until 2001-ish when he went to Cadets... now at Troopers since last year. I, also, could be mistaken some, but that's me going off what's on the top of my head without looking it up.

Dean is an incredible teacher, musician and person. Probably one of the best friends and teachers I've ever had.

Gordon Henderson had been the brass caption head at The Cavaliers from the 1992-1994 seasons. That was during the time of the "3-year" cycle they had with brass caption heads - '92-'94: Gordon, '95-'97: Bill Watson, '98-'00: Drew Shanefield... and Bertman since 2001 has been the first time in a while a caption head was on for more than 3 years consecutively.

Back on the topic though - Gordon then went to SCV, around the same time as Dean, where he stayed for a while... I honestly didn't know he worked for Cadets, but knew about Troopers. :)