Allentown 09

I don't know if this has been posted yet,but I got in a notice from DCI yesterday

for advance tickets for the Easts.

The notice said that the Allentown school district has begun the bidding process to

renovate the upper stands and that they MAY be available for the Easts.

They also give you the option,if you purchase "premium" seats to be moved to

the upper stands if they are available.

Personally, I'm not counting on the upper deck being fixed. Dieruff High suffered damage a few weeks ago from a tornado that came through the area as a result of a remnant from one of the hurricanes. It closed the school for two days and the last I heard, it was going to cost $1 million to fix the damage. Unless the money to fix the upper deck is earmarked solely for that purpose and it can't be used for anything else, I would think that they would repair the school first with any extra money floating around.

Personally, I'm not counting on the upper deck being fixed. Dieruff High suffered damage a few weeks ago from a tornado that came through the area as a result of a remnant from one of the hurricanes. It closed the school for two days and the last I heard, it was going to cost $1 million to fix the damage. Unless the money to fix the upper deck is earmarked solely for that purpose and it can't be used for anything else, I would think that they would repair the school first with any extra money floating around.

Good point, though it's possible that ASD will get an insurance settlement for Dieruff, so the two repairs may not be mutually exclusive.

Good point, though it's possible that ASD will get an insurance settlement for Dieruff, so the two repairs may not be mutually exclusive.

Good point as well. I was taking it from the angle that this is an urban school district with probably not much wriggle room in the budget for unforeseen disasters. Wasn't even thinking about insurance. Good call!

I believe ASD had a campaign set up to help with costs for the upper deck