Welcome To Rockford

When you get off Interstate 90 at the State Street exit in Rockford you will see the new Home of Phantom Regiment, Drum Corps International Champion sign. It is across the street from the Clock Tower bus stop that over the years, hundreds of members have come in...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=28

When you get off Interstate 90 at the State Street exit in Rockford you will see the new Home of Phantom Regiment, Drum Corps International Champion sign. It is across the street from the Clock Tower bus stop that over the years, hundreds of members have come in...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=28

That's really awesome! Any guesses why the top sign says "world" championship and the bottom says "national?" Either way, totally cool for PR.

I think the sign is awesome as well! I can't wait to see it every time I drive into town!

But I had the same question....... Why "World" in one place and "National" in the other?

Also..... why "Champion" (singular) in one place and "Champions" (plural) in the other?

As much as I love the sign, it would be nice if it were consistent and grammatically correct.

Maybe when it has to be replaced after someone steals it, it can be corrected. :thumbup:

I think the sign is awesome as well! I can't wait to see it every time I drive into town!

But I had the same question....... Why "World" in one place and "National" in the other?

Also..... why "Champion" (singular) in one place and "Champions" (plural) in the other?

As much as I love the sign, it would be nice if it were consistent and grammatically correct.

Maybe when it has to be replaced after someone steals it, it can be corrected. :thumbup:

The way it looks to me, the top sign...

Home of

Phantom Regiment

Drum Corps International

World Champion

... is singling out Phantom as the one and only 2008 DCI world champion. Although there's no date on the sign. Think of it this way...

"Welcome to Rockford, IL. Home of Phantom Regiment. The Drum Corps International World Champion for 2008"

... and then shorten it up for the sign. That make sense?

The bottom sign-

Rockford Phantom Regiment

1996, 2008 National (<-- I don't know why either) Champions

... is showing Phantom as the winner of 2 championships. That's just how I see it, though.

RockfordSign04.jpg Edited by Bailey

I don't know if that sign is stealable. It is in one of the highest traffic areas in the city and is right next to the road. Might a bit of a too high profile area to get away with it. I would love to see it stolen so that the inconsistencies can be fixed but I fear that if it disappeared it would not be replaced.

Either way, I drove to Rockford yesterday and made sure that I got to see it. It will be a great thing come camp weekends when the kids come into the Clock Tower and get to see it while enroute to the rehearsal site.

Or Regiment will just have to win again in 2009 and they can get a new one.

:rolleyes: