New Trivia

I would say that #5 was the Northmen from NY.

Although I just checked Corpsreps and the 10th place corps in class A in 1982 was the Crimson Cadets from Nebraska. There was a NY corps listed in 9th though.

Plus it shows only 7 a class corps in A finals in 1982 not 10.

A-I. American International, I'm assuming. Not DCI Class A.

Keith, I got number 3! Greece Cadets! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/Special Ed

Edited by tommytimp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open Class finals

I would say that #5 was the Northmen from NY.

Although I just checked Corpsreps and the 10th place corps in class A in 1982 was the Crimson Cadets from Nebraska. There was a NY corps listed in 9th though.

Plus it shows only 7 a class corps in A finals in 1982 not 10.

1. This corps drum line wore kilts but aren't the Kilties and they resided in Wisconsin.

Belles of St. Mary's, Rhinelander. :laughing:

belles58.JPG

Edited by uncle z

1. This corps drum line wore kilts but aren't the Kilties and they resided in Wisconsin.

2. What corps won the 1973 Class "A" title at the American-International Open?

3. What corps lost the A-I Open "A" class title in 1975 but turned around to win the US Open "A" Class trophy and win DCI's first "A" Class Championships?

4. In the 1976 US Open open class contest what two corps flip flopped placement (1st and 2nd) and who won?

5. This NY corps took 10th place at A-I finals in 1982.

6. What was the highest score ever at the US Open and who scored it and what year?

2. marion Cadets

5. My program shows fantasia

#2 is wrong and so is your program. 1982 American-International Open Butler, PA. I'll give you a hint...the were together for 4 months in 1982.

2. marion Cadets

5. My program shows fantasia

Imperials of St. Patrick's, Milwaukee

Can't find any record of a Class-A competition that year.

3. What corps lost the A-I Open "A" class title in 1975 but turned around to win the US Open "A" Class trophy and win DCI's first "A" Class Championships?

Greece Cadets, Rochester, NY

4. In the 1976 US Open open class contest what two corps flip flopped placement (1st and 2nd) and who won?

Oakland Crusaders and Phantom Regiment. Crusaders won prelims, Regiment won finals.

Renegades, Lockport-Rochester, NY (merger of Lockport Blazers and Cadets of Greece)

6. What was the highest score ever at the US Open and who scored it and what year?

We have a tie. 1985 Garfield Cadets and Santa Clara Vanguard, 97.100

Garry in Vegas

All right except for #2, there was an A Class Champ though.

Oakland Crusaders and Phantom Regiment. Crusaders won prelims, Regiment won finals.

Renegades, Lockport-Rochester, NY (merger of Lockport Blazers and Cadets of Greece)

Garry in Vegas

The merger wasn't really with Greece as some of them merged to form Northmen I think. The merger was Lockport Blazers and people from Mighty Liberators and some from Greece. Maybe not even a merger.

Garry in Vegas

OK. I admit it. I'm not going to go to the press box, corps reps or anything. I won't google or otherwise use the web in any way to work out the answers. I plain just don't know. Wow! Apparently this doesn't happen to me often enough because I don't know how to feel. Now I'll go ahead and read everybody else's answers and take notes.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet