*** Renegades 2009 Show ****

You know with the black and the Sunglasses they could do a whole beatniks from the 50's and 60's thing they have that whole Jack Kerouac thing going on. That could be accompanied with some great Jazz from that era, dare I even say brief ...very brief interludes of Poetry to set the themes, and yes of course some finger snapping.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Liberi Fatali" from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack as an opener. . .

Tell me these lyrics (translated from Latin) aren't tailor made for Evil. :smile:

That song sounds truly evil!!! :thumbup:

How about a "Film Noir" show. Lots of cool dark music. (Maybe even a drum solo??)

I always liked the original theme to "Suspense Theater".

Good one Kevin! :thumbup:

Check-out the sound track from the movie, Dark City
Renegades 2008 8th, 89.675 "Dark City: Every Night at Midnight, Reality Changes"

I know they have similar names, but if I remember correctly, wasn't the Renegades '08 music entirely original compositions?

Edited by justinbarleben

Check this out! If these guys raren't "Renegades" I don't know who is.

I sent this idea to Sara Julian last summer. Give a listen; then pick a song; any song; and play it in 2009!

www.bonerama.net

You don't have to thank me. Just hearing you guys/gals on the field next year will be thanks enough.

I wish I was young enough to be Jim Ott's daughter! Jim died when he was 30 and never had a chance to be a dad. Interestingly, his charts have been up in his widow's attic where I have been feverishly working away at sorting, alphabetizing, etc. I'd like to thank everyone that has responded to Jeff's request for any copies of Jim's charts that we don't currently have to add to the collection. It has been a long time since his charts have been played - he was a genius for sure. I hadn't played for many years and picked up a horn in January and didn't look back. I love to play! The timing for me was just right. Anyway, I've been playing with the Freelancer's Alumni, dragged out a couple of Jim's charts... Fun is a serious requirement of anything I do these days and those charts are so much fun to play. All the parts fit together like a wonderful jigsaw puzzle that rely on each other to produce musical magic. Nobody has a boring part. We recently picked up Rainy Days and Mondays (yeah, I'm that old) and I had a chance to play one of my favorite solos of all times from the Commodores. Fun, fun, fun!!! I'm really enjoying myself. :sleeping:

I wish I was young enough to be Jim Ott's daughter! Jim died when he was 30 and never had a chance to be a dad. Interestingly, his charts have been up in his widow's attic where I have been feverishly working away at sorting, alphabetizing, etc. I'd like to thank everyone that has responded to Jeff's request for any copies of Jim's charts that we don't currently have to add to the collection. It has been a long time since his charts have been played - he was a genius for sure. I hadn't played for many years and picked up a horn in January and didn't look back. I love to play! The timing for me was just right. Anyway, I've been playing with the Freelancer's Alumni, dragged out a couple of Jim's charts... Fun is a serious requirement of anything I do these days and those charts are so much fun to play. All the parts fit together like a wonderful jigsaw puzzle that rely on each other to produce musical magic. Nobody has a boring part. We recently picked up Rainy Days and Mondays (yeah, I'm that old) and I had a chance to play one of my favorite solos of all times from the Commodores. Fun, fun, fun!!! I'm really enjoying myself. :sleeping:

Bonnie...welcome to DCP. Just had to jump in here and tell you how much I (and I'm sure many others) were overwhelmed by your performance with the Renegades at DCA. Your seemingly effortless lip trills gave me goose bumps. Hope you're there next year. :sleeping::sleeping:

Edited by melligene

Bonnie...welcome to DCP. Just had to jump in here and tell you how much I (and I'm sure many others) were overwhelmed by your performance with the Renegades at DCA. Your seemingly effortless lip trills gave me goose bumps. Hope you're there next year. :sleeping::sleeping:

Thanks!!! I do plan to play with the Renegades again, and if the Freelancers Alumni go to DCA, I will play with them also. It's all about fun!