2009 Shows

I hope no one jumps the gun announcing their show on here before they have made sure that "permission to play" is possible... I've heard at least one show that experience would tell that they may have problem getting the necessary releases...

anyway - not trying to start another round of complaining... but it's the good old USA and John Williams (or whoever) has a right to say NO - you can not re-arrange and play Star Wars or anything else he wrote publicly...

Funny story about this... When Patriots were doing Philip Glass, we had a good relationship with his organization... When Mandarins asked for permission a couple of years later - we got a phone call asking - "are these guys ok or will they butcher the music?" Don't even know if Ray knows that happened - but it did...

Some composers really do care...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Horn Line has already put in 5 hours on the opener between the small sectional and full corps rehearsal.

"Kansas City: A Suite in Blue"

Cowtown Blues

Crazy, Little Woman

Blue Monday Party

Spook Breakfast

Ode to Bennie

An entire show of blues with nods to KC's place in music history. :thumbup::smile:

TAFL

"Kansas City: A Suite in Blue"

Cowtown Blues

Crazy, Little Woman

Blue Monday Party

Spook Breakfast

Ode to Bennie

An entire show of blues with nods to KC's place in music history. :thumbup::angel1:

TAFL

It's going to be a fun show, John Larry. :thumbup:

I hope no one jumps the gun announcing their show on here before they have made sure that "permission to play" is possible... I've heard at least one show that experience would tell that they may have problem getting the necessary releases...

anyway - not trying to start another round of complaining... but it's the good old USA and John Williams (or whoever) has a right to say NO - you can not re-arrange and play Star Wars or anything else he wrote publicly...

Funny story about this... When Patriots were doing Philip Glass, we had a good relationship with his organization... When Mandarins asked for permission a couple of years later - we got a phone call asking - "are these guys ok or will they butcher the music?" Don't even know if Ray knows that happened - but it did...

That's the beauty of arranging. Sometimes it only takes three or four notes to identify a song. :thumbup:

That's the beauty of arranging. Sometimes it only takes three or four notes to identify a song. :thumbup:

But then again there are songs out there in drum corps today that have no identity. :thumbup:

I added Prairie Sound's and Sun Devil's show to the original post- here's the updated list

Open Class (based on 08 prelims):

Brigadiers

Buccaneers

Bushwackers

Caballeros

Ballad: Time To Say Goodbye (Francesco Sartori and Lucio Quarantotto)

CorpsVets

Crusaders

Empire Statesmen

Hurricanes

Kilties

Minnesota Brass

Music City Legend

Renegades

Class A (based on 08 prelims):

Alliance

Carolina Gold

Chops, Inc.

Frontier

Fusion Core "Progress"

Disney's Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Part I; Chaos

Part II; Order

Part III; Meaning

Govenaires

Grenadiers

Gulf Coast Sound

Lakeshoremen

Shenandoah Sound

SoCal Dream

White Sabers

Other Competitive Corps (not at 08 prelims):

Sun Devils "X"

Mvt. 1

Mvt. 2

Mvt. 3

Possible Newcomers or Returnees:

Austin Stars "Broadway!"

The music of Jesus Christ Superstar, West Side Story,

The Jazz Singer, A Chorus Line, Hair, and more

Cincinnati Tradition

Derby City Knights

Excelsior

High Country Brass

Masquerade

Prairie Sound "Kansas City: A Suite in Blue"

Cowtown Blues

Crazy, Little Woman

Blue Monday Party

Spook Breakfast

Ode to Bennie

Skyliners

Sounds of Philadelphia

98!

ps http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...94&hl=holst

I added Cru's and Alliance's shows to the original post; Are there any more details available about these?

Edited by Spandy