Madison Scouts Going Latin Again

Seriously?

Yes. That quote is from the Tony Awards, and he gave several interviews in which he said he and orchestrator Billy Byers wanted each song to sound like a different big band. I can get two right off the bat, but that's it, andbesides I don't want to go all "Broadway Baby" on the forums here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wish they'd get away from the latin & dive into some jazzy music like their 91-92 and 98 shows.

Y'know, after the success of Phantom last year, with both the judges and the crowd, it would be pretty cool to see Madison go a more theatrical route again. Latin's been done; I'd rather see the corps attempt a show like they had in '97 or '99. This past year there were a number of shows - Madison amongst them, as well as Santa Clara, Crown, and others - that had entertaining music programs, but still failed to draw me in. Other corps - like Phantom, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, and even The Cadets - had me more interested in their show because they designed a product that engaged you on multiple fronts. Madison's done it before, in 1997, 1999 and even 2005, so it would hardly be out of character. Hot latin music should be fun, but I'm hoping the corps can bring even more to the table than they did last year.

Y'know, after the success of Phantom last year, with both the judges and the crowd, it would be pretty cool to see Madison go a more theatrical route again. Latin's been done; I'd rather see the corps attempt a show like they had in '97 or '99. This past year there were a number of shows - Madison amongst them, as well as Santa Clara, Crown, and others - that had entertaining music programs, but still failed to draw me in. Other corps - like Phantom, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, and even The Cadets - had me more interested in their show because they designed a product that engaged you on multiple fronts. Madison's done it before, in 1997, 1999 and even 2005, so it would hardly be out of character. Hot latin music should be fun, but I'm hoping the corps can bring even more to the table than they did last year.

I have every expectation that Madison will bring much more to the table again next season. They never fail to entertain - never.

They never fail to entertain - never.

I disagree. See 06-08, IMO.

Wow. Madison Scouts playing latin. I guess stick with what you know.

Well, looks like they rejected my "Calypso/Country Western" theme show and music concept again.

Rats.

:thumbup:

Edited by GGarrett