So. Cal H.S. Band Needs Uniforms/Help!

Looks to me a lot of people stepped up to help out a music organization. The bottom line is some kids will get an opportunity they may not have gotten, and that is VERY cool! Thanks Rocketman for bringing this to our attention, and to all who had help to give - way to go!

and uniforms only make that experience all the richer. jeans and t-shirts are one thing, but to actually put on the top and shako is to step into a whole new persona

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad Scotty, his band director friend, and all of you made this happen. This is truely DCP at it's finest, and I thank you all. I am sure the kids will be thrilled.

Look like I have to go to a H.S. football game soon!

Mad Scotty, his band director friend, and all of you made this happen. This is truely DCP at it's finest, and I thank you all. I am sure the kids will be thrilled.

Look like I have to go to a H.S. football game soon!

2 words: bring a camera!

Something else to consider, too - this thread was started two DAYS ago. A problem was presented, a solution was developed, and action was taken.

I think I'll remember this whenever I watch a political debate, or hear about how long it will take for the economy to recover.................

Something else to consider, too - this thread was started two DAYS ago. A problem was presented, a solution was developed, and action was taken.

I think I'll remember this whenever I watch a political debate, or hear about how long it will take for the economy to recover.................

Guess they need to ask the "right" people! :blink:

this thread has really got me thinking that this can't possibly be an isolated event. surely there must be more cases of a band in one part of the country needing some equipment pretty desperately and another band has upgraded something and has old gear taking up storage space. i'm toying with the idea of opening a ning group that can serve as a sort of clearing house, let band directors post their needs in the group and let other band directors post anything they have an excess stock of and need to clear out and are willing to donate. there are also a lot of groups willing to doante money to music and education (and music education) projects, if they could be networked with as well there might be some good possibilities to cover shipping.

can anyone provide some feedback here? i mean, ning groups are relatively easy to open, i can do that much, but a group like that needs to be active to be worth the trouble.

Just as an FYI (if it matters), Birmingham's colors are red, white and blue. The mascot is the Patriots. I'm sure those kids would be happy with whatever they could get though.

This is a real shame; Birmingham was always a fun place to play (they are in my HS's conference). Unfortunately, this seems to be a major trend for that area's high school music programs. More and more get cut every year.

Here are some uniforms for donation

http://www.district6la.org/District%20Info...0Donations.html

Keep checking Ebay, I've picked up my last 2 sets of red/white/blue "patriot" uniforms from ebay for shipping only.

This person has about 85 uniforms

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLOWEEN-COSTUME-NAVY...id=p3286.c0.m14

another uniform site

http://www.fruhauf.com/HTML/MARKETPLACEPOSTING.html

another uniform site

http://www.demoulin.com/cgi-bin/classified...mp;query=browse

I have at least 100 red shakos trimmed in white and blue I'd like to get rid of