Pioneer Announces 2009 Michigan Auditions

The Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps, in collaboration with Eastern Michigan University GEAR UP and Willow Run Community Schools, will be hosting its first Music and Movement Educational Clinic at Willow Run Middle School in Ypsilanti, MI on Saturday, November 22nd. Registration will begin at 9:00 AM EST, and the...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...2&Itemid=28

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused. Are there auditions in Michigan and auditions in Wisconsin on the same day? The schedule on the Pioneer website says there are one-day auditions on the 22nd in Cudahy.

Yes, there will be auditions in two locations on the same day. There are also audition camps in Florida and Texas in the works for the month of November. The first full corps camp will be December 12-14 in Wisconsin.

I think this is definitely the right approach. It has worked extremely well for the Blue Stars over the last few years. Here's hoping Pioneer gets the numbers they need!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

My name is Samuel Karafotis, and I am coordinating the Pioneer event in Michigan. If you have any questions, or are interested in coming up to Ypsilanti on Nov. 22nd, just send me an email at pioneer_michigan@hotmail.com.

Also, we will be recruiting next weekend at the MCBA Show at Plymouth-Canton Educational Park on the 25th. Stop by our table to say hello, or get some more info on the corps!

Better EVERY Day!

SK

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again!

We'll be recruiting at the MCBA State Championships in Detroit, MI at Ford Field. If you want to stop by and say hello, and also get some more information about how you can be a part of the 2009 Pioneer, we'd love to talk to you! Also, if you want to pre-register for the Music and Movement Educational Clinic in Ypsilanti, MI on November 22nd, you can do that to! If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email at pioneer_michigan@hotmail.com. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Better EVERY Day!

SK

anywhere i can get audition music?

Recruiting has been going well at the band championships in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Michingan looks good as well...

There will be more audition camps in Milwaukee and Florida so stayed tuned.

We are working on getting the audition music up on the website.

Some good things are happening...we will let the cat out pretty soon. Please be patient as the design team and captions get it together.

Donny