Ranking Phantom's shows from this decade

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not surprised to see 2005 doing poorly in at least 5 of the responses so far, but i just dont understand how you can not accept this show as one of Phantom's best of this decade.

ok i understand it isn't your typical Phantom classical show but i think that is what makes it stand out above the rest. It was fresh... both musically and visually (that one guard costume change before the 3rd or 4th movement... yowsa.. yeah you know which one im talking about!). id even go out on a limb and call the show "hip". In addition, the hornline handled the meaty and jazzy hornbook pretty #### well. im not ashamed to say i am more entertained watching Rhapsody than i am watching Faust :blink:

im not surprised to see 2005 doing poorly in at least 5 of the responses so far, but i just dont understand how you can not accept this show as one of Phantom's best of this decade.

ok i understand it isn't your typical Phantom classical show but i think that is what makes it stand out above the rest. It was fresh... both musically and visually (that one guard costume change before the 3rd or 4th movement... yowsa.. yeah you know which one im talking about!). id even go out on a limb and call the show "hip". In addition, the hornline handled the meaty and jazzy hornbook pretty #### well. im not ashamed to say i am more entertained watching Rhapsody than i am watching Faust :blink:

i'd have to agree with you, i believe i had faust and rhapsody like one away from each other, faust winning out, like it really was a better show, but i do have a lot more fun watching rhapsody, i think it helps that it a feel good show, it makes you smile, faust not so much, spartacus, holy ****. And as far as On Air... it didn't do much for me, good music, good hornline, just wasn't the right show, not the best concept.. it doesn't stand out in my mind as a "GREAT" regiment show in my opinion. I think people give it too much credit.

Some great shows out of this decade-

87, 89, 91, 93, 94, 96, 97.

I'm not familiar with anything much earlier, i know the spartacus shows, they make it on the list. I have seen almost every regiment show, its just the earlier they get the fuzzier, which is understandable.