What Do Kids Buy While On Tour?

Gatorade - bottled.

Money for laundry stop - can really depend on the size of the laudromat. $10 in quarters is a good start.

Souvie supply shopping time depends on the performance order at night. For example, a kid in Pioneer might have more time to do so that a kid in Blue Devils just because one performs later than the other.

Feminine products - one bigger box should last the entire summer because the amount of physical activity reduces it to a minimum. (I can't believe I just typed this... haha)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time we finished a show and retreat was DM only, so we had a little time on our hands. I noticed the back of a building that looked like a strip mall, so I went around to see what was there. I was so thirsty I was ready to drink the Great Lakes through a straw. I found a convenience store and bought a gallon of well chilled orange juice (Tropicana - fresh sqeezed). When I got back to the bus I think I got about two sips out of it before it was ripped out of my hand and passed around. :blink:

gold bond is a must... i huge life saver for me, and many others in my section, one large bottle should do well, unless it explode in your field bag... my poor field bag-- thats a story for another day... haha

At rest stops-- junk food and gatorade. A pint of ice cream is real nice :) I had to buy a couple of air beds this past summer.. i had some bad luck. And i needed clothes after losing 30 lbs after all days, up to a total of 50 lbs i lost over the summer... yeah for fat camp!

For me it was snacks at the truck stops in the middle of the night, my second year I did that less. Not much else unless we needed to feed ourselves on a few random half days (i.e. laundry days) or free days. I did buy a few souvies, but only from our booth.

Just make sure to bring enough cash for Dodge's Fried Chicken and Gasoline. When I saw that in Mississippi, I was so glad I still had $20!

I bought stuff from our own souvie truck, random stuff on our free day in Chicago, and junk food.

Thanks again for all the input!

I notice that a bunch of folks have mentioned the need to buy clothes. Are we talking about t-shirts, shorts, socks, sneakers, underwear.....?

Thanks again for all the input!

I notice that a bunch of folks have mentioned the need to buy clothes. Are we talking about t-shirts, shorts, socks, sneakers, underwear.....?

You lose weight, and clothes can get EXTREMELY dirty, so basically restocking all of the basics, like you mentioned. I bought two big packs of socks when I went on tour, and basically destroyed all of them by the time I got home. As far as underwear, as a guy I actually found it easier to just bring a bunch of bathing suits instead of shorts AND underwear, and did that pretty consistently both summers.

As a volunteer I did have female member ask me that if we went to the store that day to please pick up her some products and of course we made that happen.

I sent my child powder gatorade in a care package as she would add it to her water when they were some place the water had that strange taste to it.

Socks I think is a big thing kids replenish over the summer. I know my child has said they had gotten so muddy or dirty from a rain practice that it wasn't worth it to keep them and out they got tossed.