What Do Kids Buy While On Tour?

you only need something to wear while showering if you are using the food truck hoses.

1 a day all in one vitamins can be useful / pain relievers also.

and re: the $80 for corps jacket... check with the corps, I know mine did jackets after the season, but from the 2 years I spent on tour, clearly most of them do jackets toward the beginning.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes seriously, I don't know what corps kids do as far as shower wear (if anything at all) haha.

as snax08 said..."naked time"

u'd think with as disgusting as they get it would be imperative to get it all washed off (think how funky that would get if u didn't!). from the people i know that marched, u become a family. they all got over the being naked in front of others rather quickly...and after a year of living in a dorm with 60 guys on my floor, i can say the same. u don't really care after a while.

Edited by chaos001

my single biggest expense was going out for dinner on laundry days. throw the wash in, find the inevitable sit-down restaurant nearby, return in time to fold your clothes. you'd be surprised what eating dinner at an actual table can do for the psyche in mid-july.

other than that... ice cream at 3am, orange soda, socks, some t shirts at the souvie booth, gloves (brass players), toiletries (it is easier to pack normal-sized things and buy more than to pack huge packages at the beginning.)

i'd say you can get by on the cheap with a couple hundred. i always seemed to go through a lot more, especially in years when we had free days. it is easy to blow through $100 or more in a single day in new york or at disney world, especially if you help out the guys who simply don't have the money.

you'd be surprised what eating at a fast food place can do for the psyche. haha.

biggest investment is something to wear on your feet in the shower. some of the places corps will be housing are disgusting.

If you are shy in the shower with other people, don't worry....you'll quickly get over it. Don't forget a towel!!! I did for one camp.....that sucked big time.

Definitely buy some body wash soap. Using a bar is just too messy. I think one bottle lasted me the whole summer. Unless you are a girl you really don't need much for shampoo. Most guys cut a lot of their hair off just to make things easy. Make sure guys have razors or shavers and cream, whichever you prefer. I remember shaving a lot more on tour than normal.

Its always nice to send your kid a care package. We like extra homemade food. "Thanks for all the cookies mom"

Bengay/icy hot patches are the bomb as well. Gold bond comes in handy as well. A small bottle should last you b/c most other people have some too so it becomes a community thing.

One time we finished a show and retreat was DM only, so we had a little time on our hands. I noticed the back of a building that looked like a strip mall, so I went around to see what was there. I was so thirsty I was ready to drink the Great Lakes through a straw. I found a convenience store and bought a gallon of well chilled orange juice (Tropicana - fresh sqeezed). When I got back to the bus I think I got about two sips out of it before it was ripped out of my hand and passed around. :blink:

And that, is lesson number 1 ! You buy fo ryou, you buy for everyone sooner or later, be prepared to share, and know everyoe will share with you.

I always bought Goldfish, back in the day, I opened 'em up, got my handfull, never got the bag back, everyone had some.

Those are the things I loved the most, and sharing the french fries. McDonalds, six large orders in one bag, pass it around, it never comes back, LOL

Geoffrey

If you are shy in the shower with other people, don't worry....you'll quickly get over it. Don't forget a towel!!! I did for one camp.....that sucked big time.

Definitely buy some body wash soap. Using a bar is just too messy. I think one bottle lasted me the whole summer. Unless you are a girl you really don't need much for shampoo. Most guys cut a lot of their hair off just to make things easy. Make sure guys have razors or shavers and cream, whichever you prefer. I remember shaving a lot more on tour than normal.

Its always nice to send your kid a care package. We like extra homemade food. "Thanks for all the cookies mom"

Bengay/icy hot patches are the bomb as well. Gold bond comes in handy as well. A small bottle should last you b/c most other people have some too so it becomes a community thing.

so is long hair for males not a good idea on tour? Also, is it allowed at all? (we are talking pretty friggin' long here)

and re: the $80 for corps jacket... check with the corps, I know mine did jackets after the season, but from the 2 years I spent on tour, clearly most of them do jackets toward the beginning.

Mine had us order jackets during all-days and then they arrived mid-tour which is when we paid.

watch out if you have cheeze its.... you really gotta hide them, they will disappear quickly if your not careful