What Do Kids Buy While On Tour?

You'll probably take too many shirts and shorts, and not enough socks and underwear, so yeah, i agree with what most people are saying. Also, depending on the corps, you may have a certain kind of undergarments you must wear with the uni, so that can affect things as well.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need trunks for showers or what?

:blink:

what the heck? i guess they'd come in handy if the drain stopped up and everyone wanted to go swimming...but seriously?

You'll probably take too many shirts and shorts, and not enough socks and underwear, so yeah, i agree with what most people are saying. Also, depending on the corps, you may have a certain kind of undergarments you must wear with the uni, so that can affect things as well.

lord, u can definitely tell who forgot their dance belt, even from the pressbox. it ain't pretty!

Before you overpack, remember that if you're flying your kid to move-ins, there's the airline weight limit of 50 lbs per bag to consider, and extra fees for additional bags on most airlines. And of course your kid will have to drag all that extra weight on/off the bus every night once they hit the road as well. Same goes for sending heavy stuff through the mail while they're on tour - someone has to drag it to them, and if it's too heavy or bulky, it likely won't reach it's destination.

My son bought one shirt and one pair of jeans on tour for free days after he'd lost some weight. Socks were thrown out before he headed home, and he said he could have used more than 12 undies since laundry days were sometimes farther apart than expected. Much of the time he didn't wear a shirt for practice, and practice shorts (nylon running or basketball shorts) are easily washed out in the shower if needed.

Parents, if you're visiting your kids on tour, they'll love it if you bring Gatorade for their section!

:blink:

what the heck? i guess they'd come in handy if the drain stopped up and everyone wanted to go swimming...but seriously?

!

Yes seriously, I don't know what corps kids do as far as shower wear (if anything at all) haha.

Once again, thank you all for the great info!

I know I sound like a mother hen hear but how about vitamins/supplements/nutritional aids etc...? The tours sound grueling - might this help?

It's probably a good idea for them to keep some sort of pain reliever type thing handy in their bus box at all time. You never know when you're going to need it, especially if the air conditioning breaks and it gets real hot (headaches galore).

I never really spent that much on tour. It was mostly spent on gatorade. Never brought an air mattress because a regular sleeping bag is so much easier and you probably end up getting to bed 10 minutes before other people. Never had to replace any toiletries either. You can always tell those people who use way too much shampoo/body wash. haha. I did have to buy a new water jug once or twice over the years from the lids cracking and what not. Never really bought souvies either. so really, if the kids are smart about it, they won't need too much money.

As the guys called it this summer...

"NAKED TIIIIIME!"

flip flops for the shower... you don't want to go barefoot.. although, some people do, and that just bothers me.... but i'm a germ phoebe... who does drum corps... so ironic. And no, you shower with no clothes on... so you get clean.