What Do Kids Buy While On Tour?

I was told that power strips were against DCI rules because some Fire Marshall walked into a corps gym to find and power strip tree going on. Anyone else hear of this???

Where did you hear that from? I've always found that the people with the power strips have the most friends...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more....

Suitcase - size, shape, rolling?

or

duffle bag

space bags?

i know a lot of corps with the addition of members and lack of space under the bus have size limitations. You'll have to wait until you hear something about move in and what they require. Suitcase vs. duffle bag... no doubt suitcase. That suitcase will be squeezed under the bus many different ways, you want to protect anything that could be smashed.

This may be a separate topic, but is there anyone out there marching with type 1 diabetes? How do you deal with insulin issues?

I've heard of a few people marching with type one. One kid in particular had an insulin pump, but he constantly had to check his sugar. He had some issues early in the season or in some extreme heat situations. I heard he missed a lot of reps though due to checking his sugar so often. I know a lot of the staff was prepared to deal with an emergency.

Where did you hear that from? I've always found that the people with the power strips have the most friends...

My best friend had an air pump and a power strip :tongue:

QUOTE (ContraPlayer123 @ Oct 14 2008, 04:36 AM) *

I was told that power strips were against DCI rules because some Fire Marshall walked into a corps gym to find and power strip tree going on. Anyone else hear of this???

This was something my corps director said.. Well whatever when your in a small corps there isn't a high demand for outlets.

Be very very smelly when you realize you can't wash your clothes...

No, you just beg everyone in your section to let you wash one thing in their load. I left for tour in '83 with (nearly) no money, and picked up pennies and other loose change on the way. Gym floors, near the payphones and vending machines... It is possible to survive for the summer that way (though there is no way in heck I would let my kids do that).