Atlanta Corpsvets question

Hey - this is the Recruiting Manager for the CorpsVets ... Thanks for your interest! We definitely hope to see you at our Open House at Alexander High School in Douglasville GA on Sunday, November 9th at 1:00. There is more information (such as our 2009 program, directions to the school, registration link, etc) on our website at www.corpsvets.org. Also, if you either register there or send an email to info@corpsvets.org, you'll be on our mailing list for announcements about Open House and rehearsals etc. See you on the field!

Was at the same hotel as CorpsVets at DCA this year and can back up the claim of a lot of younger members. Also lipsprain/John and I met for the first time and can say that neither of us are in the under 21 age group. :thumbup:

To be very serious, after seeing how the corps interacts out of uniform around the hotel (mainly pool area) and reading this thread, it sounds a lot like Westshoremen when I marched. I joined at 16 with no knowledge of DC and corps had good mix of rookies/youth/experienced members. That mix worked together very well as the focus was on making the corps the best it could be and not worrying about the differences.

I can tell you as someone who helped there for a season, I was amazed at how well the ages mixed with each other. It was a good place to get your dc experience and then go from there. :thumbup:

Was at the same hotel as CorpsVets at DCA this year and can back up the claim of a lot of younger members. Also lipsprain/John and I met for the first time and can say that neither of us are in the under 21 age group. :thumbup:

To be very serious, after seeing how the corps interacts out of uniform around the hotel (mainly pool area) and reading this thread, it sounds a lot like Westshoremen when I marched. I joined at 16 with no knowledge of DC and corps had good mix of rookies/youth/experienced members. That mix worked together very well as the focus was on making the corps the best it could be and not worrying about the differences.

safe to say that you and I are working on our third lap around 21, right Jim! Best to your wife too - so sorry I didn't get to stop at the car that day to meet her.

I am sure they are tired of me saying it, but the CorpsVets remind me so much of my days with Steel City, one of many reasons being exactly what you observed. It is incredibly exciting to sit back and watch the younger folks and match up the characters from different eras, watching a whole new batch of Curt Hawkins and Danny McGrogans discover DCA.

They challenge me and make me work harder, and I am totally okay with that. Keeps me young!

There is an audition, but you'll receive all the materials you need *at* open house for auditions at a later date.

Just come out to Open House and have a good time!

There is an audition, but you'll receive all the materials you need *at* open house for auditions at a later date.

Just come out to Open House and have a good time!

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for clearing it up

I see that you have Madison Scouts on your signature! We had an alumni from 2007 go and march 2008 Madison Scouts!