Dutch Boy Cadets (1969 - 1976) Reunion

This just officially released, the Dutch Boy Cadets (1969-76) will be having a REUNION on OCTOBER 25th, 2008 at the Kinghts of Columbus on the corner of Manitou Dr. and Bleams Road in Kitchener.This is for former members that marched in the corps from 1969-76 !!!The cost is $35.00/person (which...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...9&Itemid=39

I wish all the Dutch Boy Cadets Alumni all the best tonight. I have nothing by LOVE and RESPECT for the Dutch Boy Cadets. The Glassmen had nothing but LOVE and RESPECT for the Duthc Boy Cadets. We shared more then one gym together during the 74-75 Seasons.

DCI made this Film I think it was about SCV? If fact this very film is on youtube. Anyways, this Film was played for us at one of our first camps of the 75 Season. And when members of the Dutch Boys came up on the screen we all started yelling and clapping.

My first see of the DBC's was the 1974 Frenkenmuth Mi. Show That was aslo the Show that my brother a friend of ours and I met what soon became a very special relationship with some members of the Dutch Boy Color Guard. I am so sorry but one of my many faults is I can not remember names. I hope someone please reads this story and pass it along tonight. Maybe they will be there tonight. My name is Dean my brothers name is Gary and our friends name is David.. We were 12 and 13 at the time.

Back in the day we did not have a food truck so we had to find places to eat in walking distance of the gym with little money. So we would put our money together and buy something we all could share. I have heard stories that there may or may not have been times back in the day that a group young kids from the Glassmen and the Dutch Boy Cadets may have ran out of money and needed to eat. So they may or may not of dine and ditch a time are two. :tongue::music::inlove::smile:

There are other stories such as watching the the 75 U.S. Open Finals from the backside. But I will stop.

To all the Alumni of the Dutch Boy Cadets I have nothing but LOVE AND RESPECT FOR ALL OF YOU. Have a very good time tonight. :smile::inlove::smile::inlove::smile::smile::smile:

Dean

Dean, thanks for those kind words. We have as much respect and admiration for the Glassmen of our era as well.

About 100 people came to the Dutch Boy Cadets, Reunion 2008 on Saturday October 25, 2008.

Those that came, had a great time and rekinldled old friendships and recalled many happy memories.

After 32, years some people looked the same, while a few had lost a little hair, put on a couple of pounds. We were together once again all be it for a few hours. There were many back slapping hugs and hand shakes. Cadets came from as far away as British Columbia and Canton Ohio.

Reunions are a great way to find old friends and regain the closeness of any drum corps.

We may have another reunion in the near future as well.