4 Crossmen Audition Camps

The Crossmen World Class Drum Corps will be holding FOUR, count 'em, FOUR audition camps across the country this November! Camps will be held in San Antonio, TX, Dallas, TX, Kansas City, MO, and West Chester, PA.

DETAILS:

West Chester, PA - Hornline Audition

West Chester University - Swope Music Building - Room 141

details and registration at Crossmen.org

Registration 11am-12pm

Rehearsal/Auditions 12pm-4pm

n33605517_32893252_899.jpg

Kansas City, MO - Hornline Audition

Oak Park High School

825 NE 79th Terr.

Kansas City, MO 64118

Registration 12pm-1pm

Rehearsal/Auditions 1pm-6pm

n33605517_32893251_614.jpg

November 21 - 23 - San Antonio Experience/Audition (Full Corps Auditions)

James Madison High School

5005 Stahl Road

San Antonio, TX 78247

Registration 6 - 8 PM on Friday

November 28 - 30 - Dallas Experience/Audition (Full Corps Auditions)

Forney High School (East Dallas/Mesquite)

800 FM 741

Forney, TX 75126

Registration 6 - 8 PM on Friday

2873555349_c76d449825.jpg

The Crossmen are looking to do big things this summer and are looking for talented and athletic musicians for the 2009 season. For more information visit www.crossmen.org

Go bones! I'm definitely seeing a finals placement in the very near future.......

I'm sure it's just a sign of the times; but $40-$50 just to audition? The days of drum corps being a "youth activity" are certainly over. If drum corps of years past were like today, I would never had the drum corps experience that I still enjoy today.

This is not a slam at Crossmen. Many friends & relatives marched Crossman back in their PA days. It's just a comment on the economics of today's jr corps. I guess it's one of the reasons that so many kids are finding DCA corps to be a viable alternative.

I think DCI might find it much worse this year, due to current economic trends. Mommy & Daddy are in a major credit crunch too, and 27 states are now in a full-blown recession.

Having vented, I do wish Crossmen luck & hope many West Chester U. music majors attend the auditions.

Edited by Oldbuc

I'm sure it's just a sign of the times; but $40-$50 just to audition? The days of drum corps being a "youth activity" are certainly over. If drum corps of years past were like today, I would never had the drum corps experience that I still enjoy today.

This is not a slam at Crossmen. Many friends & relatives marched Crossman back in their PA days. It's just a comment on the economics of today's jr corps. I guess it's one of the reasons that so many kids are finding DCA corps to be a viable alternative.

I think DCI might find it much worse this year, due to current economic trends. Mommy & Daddy are in a major credit crunch too, and 27 states are now in a full-blown recession.

Having vented, I do wish Crossmen luck & hope many West Chester U. music majors attend the auditions.

That's pretty cheap, actually.

if you consider a full days / full weekend instruction , Meals ( at most ) , that is very inexpensive.

If you look at a full tour . Spring training to finals . 10-12 weeks at around $2000 -$3000 that s also cheap.

send your kids or yourself to camp for a week or two.

volleyball sport camp=Two week camper, $400 deposit, balance of $700 due July 1st for a total of $1,100.00

computer camp = Build Your Own Computer $529 10 days

rock and roll camps = $10,000

Baseball camp = $2500 2 weeks

language camps = $2000 10 days

football , baseball , et.... it is much more than that for a much shorter period.

plus you do not travel the country.

CHEZ

if you consider a full days / full weekend instruction , Meals ( at most ) , that is very inexpensive.

If you look at a full tour . Spring training to finals . 10-12 weeks at around $2000 -$3000 that s also cheap.

send your kids or yourself to camp for a week or two.

volleyball sport camp=Two week camper, $400 deposit, balance of $700 due July 1st for a total of $1,100.00

computer camp = Build Your Own Computer $529 10 days

rock and roll camps = $10,000

Baseball camp = $2500 2 weeks

language camps = $2000 10 days

football , baseball , et.... it is much more than that for a much shorter period.

plus you do not travel the country.

CHEZ

Al,

My point is not the money, as such. I know nothing is free today and people need to be paid for their time. I helped sponsor my nephew who did 4 years with Madison Scouts. I was reflecting on the transition of drum corps today, from back in our day when "street kids" were given free instruction, meals, transportation and a look at a better life than some of the other neighborhood kids who didn't take advantage of the CYO, VFW, or American Legion sponsored activity.

I reailize things change and I do appreciate the professionalism of the activity today. I especally enjoyed your performance at Bloomington. Ya done good Al!

Ron ......Arrrrgh!

07 - Cross Country relocation.....transition was successful and the corps survived

08 - Three placement jump and missing finals by only .425.

09 - 4 seperate audition camps spanning across the country.

I am so proud to see things going so well for my team. Can't wait to hear what the future has in store.