Rooking Out

I'd always hoped to age out at my first corps. There is nothing like that sense of family that you get. I can honestly say, I've not felt the same camaraderie I felt at Southwind. Now looking towards my age out, and my first corps not being back :tongue: , I wonder what are the pros and cons of being a rook out?

Come audition for Crossmen, we have auditions in Kansas City, West Chester, San Antonio, and Dallas (www.crossmen.org). I guarantee you will find a family atmosphere there.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I imagine rooking out is not the best scenario, I'd say march where you've always wanted to. There's no time like now. :tongue:

To me a "rook-out" is someone in their age-out year who never marched Corps before. I don't think that you have anything to worry about. Good luck. :tongue:

If you've got 3 years under your belt, you're no rookie. Since your "family" corps is not an option, pick the corps you have always wanted to march in and go for it. Above all, march your age-out year, you will never regret the decision.

I have been marching for six years...going on seven for my ageout. I spend 3 years at one corps and 3 years at another. For my ageout? I'm moving on again.

Just do it. Corps look for talent. Period. If you have what it takes they will take ya!

Best of luck!

I was slightly worried about that as well.

Depending on how auditions go for me I'll be at a new place as well. (Though realistically, I can't afford to ageout anywhere farther than where I am auditioning.

I only marched one year, a looooooooooooong time ago (not a big DCI corps but a small class A corps).

I say one year is better than none.

You DON'T want to regret NOT marching 20 or 30 years from now.

I agree Rook out is better than no out. The last year will be what ever you decide to make of it.