WGI

Russian Spy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should remember the in the United States people are innocent until proven guilty.

I agree about the poster "Russian Spy". This is not the first thread started by this person that has hinted at negative gossip about people within the activity. Please come out from behind your screen name and stop hiding.

The actions taken by this person had no impact on the students and did not put them in danger. With that being said it is really none of our business.

This is a legitimate issue concerning WGI. The article is available online for anyone to read. It's hardly gossip. I believe WGI should issue some kind of statement saying that due to the unlawful conduct by this man, he is resigning and therefore someone else is stepping into the position. Choctawhatchee High School already acknowledged his resignation and dealt with it accordingly. WGI should too. That's all.

Exactly....

It is a real legal issue, we should not take this lightly. Allow the process to work and let Mr. Nelson get on with his life.

I, for one, do not feel sorry for him, he brought this on himself, that being said I also do not wish to persecute him.

He is going to lose out on a huge aspect of his life. He will no longer be able to teach any guard in the near future. That is ashame for the activity and himself. There are no winners in this situation.

If the charges are true, he broke the law. Simple as that.

I went to WGI's site, and there was a press release about Ed Devlin replacing Randy Nelson. But when I went back to the site, it was gone. Fortunately I saved the link.

http://www.wgi.org/news_detail.php?id=1808

???

The news of Ed Devlin replacing Mr. Nelson as the president of the Board is right there on the WGI site, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Unfortunately, Mr. Nelson may have made a mistake that he will pay for dearly probably for the rest of his life within the color guard world, but that does not mean that any of us within the cg world need to further destroy his life. If he is not guilty of the charges, then he needs our support to clear his name. If he is truly guilty, then Mr. Nelson needs our support to overcome his "problems" and regain a normal life.

Either way, he does not deserve the treatment by some people within the color guard world who are out to destroy him further. The damage has been done to his life. Only small and weak people find pleasure in someone else's troubles.

Needs support from the color guard world to overcome his "problems"??????

His life will never be normal again if he is guilty and I highly doubt people working with teenagers in the activity are

going to want to help him.

I'm sure he will never do this again if found guilty, problem solved. And if he does then he'd need professional help

if the court doesn't already appoint any.