The next camel lips t-shirts

camel lips

"Don't forget to listen down to the synthesizer"

Logo still in progress.Who's In? :happy:

I'm down :happy:

I don't get it.

You must be a drummer or never marched corps then. :tongue:You must of missed my run of Friends don't let friends play Bb T-shirts?

Allow me to retort.

In horn lines you either listen up to the Lead Soprano/trumpet.Or some corps have you listen down to the Contra/tubas.It all depends on what core sound they are going for.

IN this case you would listen down to the synthesizer.A sarcastic way of saying that synthesizers are taking over drum corps and ruining the activity.I could see hoppy tuning the line to the synthesizer.

Hope you get it now. :happy::wub::lol:

Edited by camel lips

In horn lines you either listen up to the Lead Soprano/trumpet.Or some corps have you listen down to the Contra/tubas.It all depends on what core sound they are going for.

IN this case you would listen down to the synthesizer.A sarcastic way of saying that synthesizers are taking over drum corps and ruining the activity.I could see hoppy tuning the line to the synthesizer.

Hope you get it now. :blink: :blink: :smile:

I get it now, but let me just alleviate your fears of synthesizers.

The synthesizer is one instrument in the pit. Just one. It will add a tiny bit of color to an already rich tapestry each corps has. If it goes beyond this, I will apologize.

Also, George Hopkins never had a direct plan to use synths, he just wanted his staff to be able to use them or not, the choice is theirs.

And synths, just like timpani, can change their tuning to better match the hornline.

I'm not a horn player so be gentle: but why would you ever listen down.

I guess the terminology I [and i hope all drummers] roll with would be listen BACK or listen IN depending on form and direction of marching, but never "down" or "forward". Listening "down" = phasing.

sidenote: i know you were joking about listening to the synth. but the concept of listening down didnt sound too unnatural the way you articulated it.. if i'm wrong feel free to bash - its that sorta day over here...

Edited by 08Hawkeye

In listening down, down means... a lower voice, not below you. >_> Listening back is for tempo, listening down is for balance.

In listening down, down means... a lower voice, not below you. >_> Listening back is for tempo, listening down is for balance.

What he said. :blink: