2009 Empire Statesmen Show Announcement

Out of Many, One: the American Destiny

The 2009 Empire Statesmen production, entitled Out of Many, One: the American Destiny explores a wide variety of well known and appealing music which conveys the rich tapestry and mosaic of American spirit, identity and values.

The production opens with the hauntingly familiar melody of Aaron Copland’s Fanfare for the Common Man which was written in 1942 to honor the common men and women fighting valiantly for our nation’s freedom and liberty during World War II.

The opening production continues with Robert Jager’s Esprit de Corps to further evoke the opportunity America presented and the spirit of those who came from numerous places throughout the world to pursue the American ideals of freedom, democracy, liberty, and equality and who were willing to fight for those rights.

Our journey continues with Amazing Grace as a tribute to our fallen heroes. The production conveys the price our ancestors have been willing to pay in the cause of freedom and liberty. Amazing Grace, a hymn originally written in 1779 has become known as a favorite with supporters of freedom and human rights.

As we resume our journey, we will celebrate our freedom by featuring each section of the corps throughout a production based on the musical themes of Gordon Goodwin’s Sing, Sang, Sung and the Andrews’ Sisters Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company C which will bookend an exciting, high velocity percussion feature. Our celebration is designed to create fun and excitement and have the crowd dancing in the aisles…Statesmen style!

The show concludes with a musical and visual statement signifying the American Destiny of bringing people together from throughout the world who believe in the values that make this nation great. The American motto of “From Many One” will be conveyed through a richly harmonic score of “One Voice.”

For more information or to be a part of the excitment check out our web site at http:www.statesmen.org

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot dog.I get to be first and say woo hoo

Lets go to work!

I always thought it was Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B?

I woulda thought if you were to change it you would call it the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company G!

Edited by CorpsBuff

No "A TRAIN"

####

I always thought it was Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B?

I woulda thought if you were to change it you would call it the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company G!

The actual name of the tune is Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. The lyrics add..."of Company B." I'm sure this typo will be corrected or...turned into "of Company G!" lol :tongue: