Jerrrrrrrrrrsey Surf!

Who's auditioning for Surf this year? I'm expecting big, big things from them this year. They've a tremendous growth since 2006 (last year being the BEST show that they've ever fielded, one that should've won IMO) and the new WC jump should prove to be exciting. If they make finals, they're gonna stir some $@!% up :thumbup:

Also- what are your opinions/predictions for Jersey's favorite corps?

Edited by pitkid88

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's auditioning for Surf this year? I'm expecting big, big things from them this year. They've a tremendous growth since 2006 (last year being the BEST show that they've ever fielded, one that should've won IMO) and the new WC jump should prove to be exciting. If they make finals, they're gonna stir some $@!% up :thumbup:

Making finals might be too bold a prediction.

maybe making semi's. they might have a chance.

I predict 18th.

If they are in who is out ?

Um, hold on a second. Jersey's "favorite corps"? That's an incredibly bold statement that you have to defend. There are a lot of good corps in New Jersey. What about Raiders? Caballeros? Bushwackers? Or even the Bridgemen Alumni? You seem really excited about them this year, and yes they have made strides in the last few years, but come on grow up.

On another note, I'm auditioning for Surf next week but I'm not sure if I truly want to march there yet.

Um, hold on a second. Jersey's "favorite corps"? That's an incredibly bold statement that you have to defend. There are a lot of good corps in New Jersey. What about Raiders? Caballeros? Bushwackers? Or even the Bridgemen Alumni? You seem really excited about them this year, and yes they have made strides in the last few years, but come on grow up.

On another note, I'm auditioning for Surf next week but I'm not sure if I truly want to march there yet.

There are marching bands in New Jersey that are more recognized than some drum corps in NJ. I think your success on the field speaks loudly as far as favorite's and well excepted corps. Corps like you mentioned, the Cabs, Bush, Raiders have all won championships at thier level of DCI and DCA and also have many other medals to show thier success. Root for whomever you want, everyone loves to have fans, but MetalTones is right, just don't make a blanket statement that one corps is everyone's favorite when it's not true.

I'll be auditioning for Surf (Bari/Euph line), I can't wait for next weekend. Also about favorite corps I expect there to be a fair amount of Cadets fans in New Jersey.

Edited by SnipedYou

I think he meant world class corps.

Bridgemen alumni. not a competing corps.

more of a parade and EX. corps.

I'm thinking about auditioning, but I can't find any info online. Anybody know where i can find that?