Penalty for Falling ? Famous Falls ?

Until your fall was immortalized for all of eternity on Network Television, you are just talking.

Northern Aurora, 1992.

TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes

http://noolmusic.com/myspace_videos/northe...on_bloopers.php

I'm trapped behind an evil firewall and can't verify that website. I'll do better tonight.

Edit: All links to it say it was from '93, but I'm pretty sure it was from the 1992 season. Help?

Edited by RsD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago I was at the Atlanta DCI show with my daughter watching a friend of hers in Boston Crusaders. She was snapping a picture of him just as he falls, capturing him at about a 45 degree angle falling to the ground with his tenors.

I immediately texted my wife that "Bob" just fell (not his real name to protect the innocent). She then texted the boy's mom back home, who then texted the boy's girlfriend who was also at the show to see if he was okay, all within about a minute of him falling. The girlfriend was like "how the hell did you know he fell???".

Back in the old days there was a joke (?) about falling down on the field and having to wait for a judge to pickup up or get an additional penalty.

The whole deal back then was you could get a penalty for a lot of drops (and even worse for recovering yourself, which was ridiculous from the get-go), but a judge had to see you and want to hit you for it.

Santa Clara left all kinds of garland and stuff that came off their guard equipment on the field at finals in '78, but nobody hit them for it, probably because it would be inane to consider it a legitimate "drop."

Carolina Crown 2007...I can't remember where it was now, but towards the end of the show, there was a several-person pile up on the 50. Loud gasps from the audience. They recovered very quickly and I don't think anyone was hurt.

at san antonio this year, probably one from every corps fell.

which leads me to ask, what happend to the crossmen guard member who went down in the morning show and got taken away in an ambulance?

at san antonio this year, probably one from every corps fell.

which leads me to ask, what happend to the crossmen guard member who went down in the morning show and got taken away in an ambulance?

She had a knee injury, she tore something I think, she stayed on tour, couldn't do the show at all, but had a little solo at the end of the show.

Somebody in the Cadets this past year fell in San Antonio just before they made the ending company front, but it didn't cause anyone else to fall. Not sure how he fell either.

:tongue:

Carolina Crown 2007...I can't remember where it was now, but towards the end of the show, there was a several-person pile up on the 50. Loud gasps from the audience. They recovered very quickly and I don't think anyone was hurt.

It was in ATL and the horn sargent started it all.