Penalty for Falling ? Famous Falls ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one poor kid in Crossmen had a run in with the perc judge in the San Antonio night show. I heard it was one of his hardest sets in the show near the end. He rolled a few yards and his aussie went a little further... awesome recovery though. I don't know if there is a video on some popular website...............................

Cadets 02 contra... makes me laugh every time, poor contra had to run allll the way around the block because it rotated so fast.

A semi-decent video from that show is on you tube. Don't think its been taken down...

Somebody in the Cadets this past year fell in San Antonio just before they made the ending company front, but it didn't cause anyone else to fall. Not sure how he fell either.

Mandarins first show in 2007 in Concord. The bamboo polls they used were apparently not right on their spots, and during their drum feature it caused some snare players to go for a tumble who where weaving through the bamboo.

Mandarins first show in 2007 in Concord. The bamboo polls they used were apparently not right on their spots, and during their drum feature it caused some snare players to go for a tumble who where weaving through the bamboo.

I was just thinking about that one...I was told the guard was VERY apologetic afterwards, since they were the ones who set the poles up wrong.

A semi-decent video from that show is on you tube. Don't think its been taken down...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lol

oh man, yall should've watched us learing the drill for the drum break at Madison a few months ago. The hornline jazz runs for like the whole thing. You can't see it that well on the dvd's cause of the sunlight and shadows, but you can still tell what we're doing. I remember the box saying after a rep "only 12 people fell during that one, we're getting better. Do it again!" It was about halfway through the season before we stopped falling during shows... cept when the grass was wet. Then we'd fold more than an oragami convention.

I personally only fell once, and it was during a rehearsal, right on the last step of the rep. Everyone stops and I hit the ground. It was like I was sliding into home. Someone behind me even yelled "SAFE!!!"

Crossmen 04 in finals.

Guard member drops her rifle and get trampled by the trumpets as she tries to pick it up.

02 Cadets contra player

I remember seeing a fall from Blue Knights in 2007 on the 50 in their last set, she slipped jazz running into the last set.

Ya, definitely the 02 Cadets contra player wins for me. The fall for BK 07 was on quarters night (movie theater), and it was totally the point of the triangle at their big hit...that has to suck! That person nailed it the other two nights though.

The best pile up I've ever seen was in high school though, at a competition my sophomore year at NAU. There was a band that looked a lot like the Bridgemen, and the flutes had a follow the leader back march, and the first flute fell, and then the second fell on top, and then the third fell on top, until the ENTIRE flute line fell! It was hilarious though because their spacing was PERFECT, and every four counts a flute would fall.

Ya, definitely the 02 Cadets contra player wins for me. The fall for BK 07 was on quarters night (movie theater), and it was totally the point of the triangle at their big hit...that has to suck! That person nailed it the other two nights though.

The best pile up I've ever seen was in high school though, at a competition my sophomore year at NAU. There was a band that looked a lot like the Bridgemen, and the flutes had a follow the leader back march, and the first flute fell, and then the second fell on top, and then the third fell on top, until the ENTIRE flute line fell! It was hilarious though because their spacing was PERFECT, and every four counts a flute would fall.

The Garfeld 84 "Whitewater Wipeout"was like that....intervals were so good, you cold set your watch by the precision with which they fell!

what's the penalty?

In DCA it was in the 70's. It happened at a show in Kingston. Ross a soprano player with Sunrisers, and new to Drum Corp dropped his horn....lol. Well he just picked it up, not thinking, and got nailed for a 1 point penalty. We won by a .1....phewww.....lol.

Edited by Bucbari