Penalty for Falling ? Famous Falls ?

Garfield (now Cadets) at Whitewater in 83 (I believe) is the "big one" people talk about from that era.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if you fall, your score goes UP.

Just ask anybody who marched Cadets at the Whitewater show in '84 if you don't believe me :thumbup:

02 Cadets contra player

I remember seeing a fall from Blue Knights in 2007 on the 50 in their last set, she slipped jazz running into the last set.

Crown 07, people tripped at like 3 shows I saw on the gates they had.

This one poor kid in Crossmen had a run in with the perc judge in the San Antonio night show. I heard it was one of his hardest sets in the show near the end. He rolled a few yards and his aussie went a little further... awesome recovery though. I don't know if there is a video on some popular website...............................

Cadets 02 contra... makes me laugh every time, poor contra had to run allll the way around the block because it rotated so fast.

The big time BD tenor fall was 04 on the exit.

My fav of all time wasn't at finals. Evansville, IN. 2003. Magic of Orlando.

The drums are crossing the 50 about 8 in front on the hash. End of the closer.

End snare player falls. All hell breaks loose. The only guy not to fall was the center who eventually stops playing and just starts picking dudes up by the harness. I think I heard several curse words. The end of the show looked like a yard sale of percussion equipment, sticks, shakos, and performers. They couldn't even cadence off the field until all the #### was picked up. The audience was speechless.

I was at this show and it was Epic! I wish they still had Drums on the Ohio...

I seem to remember that it was .1 for dropping the equipment, 1 point if you picked it up.

Your memory serves you correct, sir !

Your memory serves you correct, sir !

If a judge spotted the equipment though & handed it to you I don't think you were further penalised. (Though I marched in Britain)

Another memorable one for me is when I friggin fell this summer. First show, the stage was set up wrong. It was the last few moves of the drum feature, and next thing I know I'm sitting on the stage with my quads in my lap. At the end of the show a snare hit it and went down. I'm surprised nobody really talked about that one.