Famous Drum Corps Alumni

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any old Redwood City Guardsmen, CA out there to confirm if Michael Shrieve (Santana 1969-74, 1988) marched with their drumline? If you saw the old Woodstock movie he was featured in the Soul Sacrifice song. This was an old rumor that went around SCV back in the early '70s.

:rolleyes:

I never heard the rumor about Michael Shrieve. I was in contact with him about 2 months ago.

Next time you see him, ASK HIM!

Oh, and speaking of Star Trek, George Takei marched in the Koyasan Boy Scout drum corps in LA.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Didn't Peter Bond of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra (trumpet) march Phantom Regiment?

Just saw this recently. Curt Moore marched and taught with SCV.

http://www.curtmoore.com

Didn't Peter Bond of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra (trumpet) march Phantom Regiment?

Yep....I forget which PBS broadcast mentioned it....it was a feature that also had Jeff Kivet any Tommy Igoe (sp? Bridgemen tenor)

Bond was also shown teaching Regiment..his way of giving back.

Chick Corea, great Jazz Musician, Composer and multiple times Grammy Winner , marched for several years in the horn line with St. Rose Scarlet Lancers, Chelsea, Massachusetts, and was a soloist there in the show on occasion when the Corps competed in Drum Corps competitions as well. His Dad was a trumpet player in a famous Boston area based band in the 30's and 40's, and encouraged him to join the Drum and Bugle Corps in their home city. Corea also learned to play the snare drum with instruction when in St. Rose Scarlet Lancers as well.

Edited by BRASSO

Klingons...not Vulcans...it was Worf who said "Wo do not discuss it with outsiders.

[/geek]

And I knew that ... bad typing.

Live long and prosper.