Blue Stars November Camp

There were a lot of familiar faces, but I don't know how many vets were there. The numbers I gave were unofficial and a result of some of us parents trying to count heads at rehearsals. In retrospect, the horn numbers were probably closer to 110.

Since I promised some pictures, here's one of Frank Sullivan going over lip slurs with some of the brassline rookies:

IMGP3181_800.jpg

And here's the four food lines I mentioned, looking from behind the PB&J table, with the line going down the stairs to the right (the kid in the glasses to the right of Jessica is KansasDC's son Kris):

IMGP3169_800.jpg

Great picture of Kansas, Tim! Thanks for posting that.

I do know that there were 7 vets in the snare line and 3 vets on tenors. Very good turnout in all areas.

Seven snares and three tenors returning is great. If the ratios are like that through the rest of the corps, I think the Blue Stars are in line for another great season.

were there 2 horn lines split based on vet/prospective member? Or just randomly split in half with equal instrument distribution?

just curious, I haven't been part of a corps that used multiple horn lines early in the season, but I know Blue Stars are not the only one.

Vets were in one line, picking up where they left off last year. The prospective members were in another line, learning the technique.

Vets were in one line, picking up where they left off last year. The prospective members were in another line, learning the technique.

And as the prospective members completed their auditions, some were moved to the line with the vets. Some were people coming from other corps, others top notch players/marchers, etc. The vet line was pretty full to start. Nice to see all of the returnees.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a video of the Blue Stars November camp up on Fan Network now. It's free, and can be found in the Spotlight tab in the DCI section.

During Sharon's statement (the head cook), you can get a tiny appreciation for the percussion noise we had to deal with in the kitchen. :thumbup:

Edited by sdstar