Hawthorne Caballeros

Hawthorne Caballeros

Open House Review - 2009 Competing Season

Just before noon, on November 30th, 2008, Post 199 in Hawthorne, NJ was filled to capacity with more than 150 returning and prospective members of the Hawthorne Caballeros anxiously waiting for the official kick-off of the 2009 season. What a turn out and the feeling in the room was 'amazing'! Not just because of the number of people, not just because of the joy of seeing old friends and meeting new, not just because of the rush we get the first time we see the historic trophy room… it was all of that and so much more.

You could feel the excitement in the post. The orientation presentation built on that excitement with the first sounds of the Caballeros Recruitment Video followed by the introduction of the staff and administration. After a complimentary lunch, the sections broke out into separate rehearsal facilities to begin the first official day of the 2009 season.

If Open House is an indicator, we are off to an amazing season. The focus of more than 75 brass players, the intensity of the great turn out for the percussion section and more than 30 passionate guard members settled in to our hometown in Hawthorne. The spirit of every member past, present and future was alive and truly heated up the cold damp day in Hawthorne.

To our new members - Welcome to Hawthorne.

To our returning members – Welcome Home.

To anyone else looking for a place to march – Welcome to our next camp on December 20th and 21st, 2008. More details to follow.

To get additional information on membership, contact Mike Ryan by phone (973) 709-0500 ext. 1532 - or email Mike at cabscontra@aol.com. For more information on the Caballeros, go to cabs.org.

Edited by sophillycab

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Over 75 horns in attendance? !

30 guard ? IN NOVEMBER ? !

Izzitjuneyet :thumbdown: ?

Wow! Over 75 horns in attendance? !

30 guard ? IN NOVEMBER ? !

Izzitjuneyet :thumbdown: ?

And may I say those 75 horns could PLAY!!!

Always room for more though, so head on over to Hawthorne if you're looking for the time of your life!

It was a wonderful turn out. Great job to Mike Ryan, Chris Fontanelle, Josh Katz, and the entire recruitment committee for all the efforts that paid off.

Always room for more at the Post, so please come to our next camp December 20th and 21st to see and hear it all in person.

Come be part of our family in Hawthorne.

Yes it was a really nice turn out. In talking with a few people I got positive feeback which is a good thing and in a perfect world they all would stay, but we all know as time goes by things happen. Schedule conflicts money school Jobs babies etc.

So I would like to add. Maybe you were planning on attending but because of the holiday or weather or some other commitment you could not. You also might still be looking for a place to march. Just because you heard some decent numbers that does not mean not to come. This was not the end all, this is just the begining. Still come down and check things out for yourself. We all know things change. No drill has been written so nothing is set in stone yet. You will hear when we are close to setting the final numbers. That probably is a few months away so until that day come down be a part of it. On the flip side don't wait till the last minute.

The last thing is. I hate talking numbers Number smumbers. Whatever it may be in the end I know this

1: The show will be entertaining

2: You will meet new people. That will turn into new friends hey maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend or wife or husband etc. (no this is not Caballero dating but you get the jist)

3: Learn alot . Which some of our younger members have used to help them make their Dream DCI corps. For us older folk made us better players/Spinners ( hey before I could only so/so read music, now I can read alot betterer Hookie on phaanoics works for me... ok Still learning) (($1 to Brian Regan))

4: You will Have fun. (we work hard but play hard to)

5: Get in shape

6: Get a great tan with funny tan lines which makes for a good story at work (yes I tan too)

7: Have a summer of memories

8: You will become part of the Caballero 62 year history.

Yeah Ok some might think I am selling or whatever so be it. I am excited about this year and well I like to share things I am very proud of so come on down.

Edited by Bond624

Sounds like a great start for this latest edition of the most successful all-age corps in drum corps history.... we are very much looking forward to seeing your 2009 show!!!!

Fran

It’s always nice to have a great turnout for our open house but Chris is right stuff happens and we have 10 months to go before DCA Championships weekend. (Which by the way is when I give numbers out after I see who has hit the field in finals.)

I will tell you this “Time to say Goodbye” is going to be breathtaking being site read for the first time my gooses bumps had gooses bumps.

Cabs at the Beach June 20th can’t come soon enough ( Shameless plug)

So if you have not made up your mind yet stop, on by our first camp of the season December 20th & 21st.

Last thing Chris it is 63 years

Hawthorne Caballeros

Open House Review - 2009 Competing Season

Just before noon, on November 30th, 2008, Post 199 in Hawthorne, NJ was filled to capacity with more than 150 returning and prospective members of the Hawthorne Caballeros anxiously waiting for the official kick-off of the 2009 season. What a turn out and the feeling in the room was 'amazing'! Not just because of the number of people, not just because of the joy of seeing old friends and meeting new, not just because of the rush we get the first time we see the historic trophy room… it was all of that and so much more.

You could feel the excitement in the post. The orientation presentation built on that excitement with the first sounds of the Caballeros Recruitment Video followed by the introduction of the staff and administration. After a complimentary lunch, the sections broke out into separate rehearsal facilities to begin the first official day of the 2009 season.

If Open House is an indicator, we are off to an amazing season. The focus of more than 75 brass players, the intensity of the great turn out for the percussion section and more than 30 passionate guard members settled in to our hometown in Hawthorne. The spirit of every member past, present and future was alive and truly heated up the cold damp day in Hawthorne.

To our new members - Welcome to Hawthorne.

To our returning members – Welcome Home.

To anyone else looking for a place to march – Welcome to our next camp on December 20th and 21st, 2008. More details to follow.

To get additional information on membership, contact Mike Ryan by phone (973) 709-0500 ext. 1532 - or email Mike at cabscontra@aol.com. For more information on the Caballeros, go to cabs.org.

Thanks for being excited Marianne.... I am too.. Come be a part of the Caballeros for 2009 and beyond...December the 20th and 21st...