2009/2010 DCA Rules Congress

Was 27 this morning in Gainesville, Fl. Had to use an ice scraper on my windshield. Got up to about 65 at 4pm.

I hung up my ice scraper in my workshop as a "momento". Do they sell ice scrapers in Florida? I remember the days up north when I had to use an audio cassette case to scrape my windshield because I lost my scraper.

I had to laugh once when I saw a glove and winter hat display at Walmart in Ft. Myers. South of Rt 4. in Fla is totally different weather. It was 78 today and riding my motorcycle with shorts on while I went to indoor drumline meeting at the high school. But your blood does thin out and 50 feel like 30. I think I may have to wear long undies all weekend in Rochester.

Hey next year - Orlando ? :thumbup:

I think I may have to wear long undies all weekend in Rochester.

Heat wave in Rochester this weekend.... It might hit 40!!!! Bring your shorts!! :thumbup:

also don't trust the weather channel. I know people there... lol

I left.

:)

I had to laugh once when I saw a glove and winter hat display at Walmart in Ft. Myers.

I thoght that "winter gear" in that part of the country meant denim shorts. :thumbup:

Fran

Be advised that the latest issue of Drum Corps World went to press before the final schedule was set for the upcoming rules congress on Dec. 13th and 14th at the George Eastman House Museum in Rochester, NY.

The article (written by me - and gratefully published by Drum Corps World) says that the congress will convene for all corps at 10AM. That has been changed. Registration will begin at 8:30AM with the first session to begin at 9AM with ALL corps in attendance. This change was made to accommodate the many informative seminars that have been added to the program this year.

The full schedule and seminar information are available at http://www.dcacorps.org and click on News.

As I look at the outline for Saturday, I notice that you have Carl Roucco presenting "Secrets of Success..." and Jim Dugan presenting "Programming in DCA."

Obviously two supremely qualified DCA superstars.

But let me also recommend that any new instructors or administrators find and introduce themselves to David Bruni of the Empire Statesmen, and Rick Morey of the Syracuse Brigadiers... pick their brains. Ask them how their respective corps went from Startup to Champion (Empire - startup in 1983, champion in 1991; Brigs "restart" '93, champions '97).

Both of them love this activity and are always willing to share their wisdom. Both organizations remember the days when they needed a hand up, and both have always been willing to "reach back" and help the next team.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb