San Antonio 2009

From DCI.com: On July 16 and 17, Texas fans will have the chance to see DCI World Class corps over a two-day period as they perform in Houston and Dallas. Corps will be split into two tracks, performing with their respective groupings in Houston and Dallas before flipping locations the next evening. On July 18, the corps will head to San Antonio’s legendary Alamodome in a single-event showdown. Corps will be seeded into San Antonio based on scores earned the previous two nights in Houston and Dallas.

"single-event showdown." Does this mean no afternoon prelims and then evening finals as in past years? It sounds like one very long 21 corps contest like DCI quarterfinals.

It sounds like one very long 21 corps contest like DCI quarterfinals.

I think you are correct - 21 groups starting in the mid to late afternoon and running all night. (Sounds good to me - Quarterfinals is always one of my favorites.)

It looks to me like it is both San Antonio AND Atlanta that will have this new format this year.

I think you are correct - 21 groups starting in the mid to late afternoon and running all night. (Sounds good to me - Quarterfinals is always one of my favorites.)

It looks to me like it is both San Antonio AND Atlanta that will have this new format this year.

I heard it will be just the top 8 seeds in SA and ATL. That is why they are having the "seeding shows" during the week. What I heard may just be a rumor.

[i heard it will be just the top 8 seeds in SA and ATL. That is why they are having the "seeding shows" during the week. What I heard may just be a rumor.]

The San Antonio schedule lists all 21 corps, but doesn't give a start time or any indication that it's a prelims/finals type deal.

I'm pretty happy about this. The placements for the indoor venue are based on outdoor performances. That's a good thing.

I also like that they're using different shows right before both Atlanta and San Antonio to determine placement, instead of based on the placement in the regional the week before, i.e. Atlanta seeding based on San Antonio placement. Makes it more even for a corps that really turns it on during the week, as we've seen happen sometimes over the course of one week between two regionals before.

Sad. I kind of liked the morning/afternoon show divide.

me too only if the 4 corps that got to perfrom twice, i wanted to see twice

ok next question, if it hasnt already been asked, will there be a huge 4hour break so everyone can flood that helpless barbque place across the parking lot?