Open Class Corps Going to Indy in 2009

Well, that may or may not be how it works. If it's not, then I simply don't know why the schedule is not posted by DCI yet. Regardless, we DO have a schedule, and we WILL be touring.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the nature of the 2008 season, and the change in leadership and reorganization of the corps. We are working with DCI through an informal evaluation. We and DCI want to make sure all our ducks are in a row and that we can achieve everything we set out to do. We have been given a tour schedule, and are working out the details of that now with DCI.

The change in leadership happened right before the initial schedule was announced.

and we are working to fill in dates with other performances, and DCI is looking at that too, so the member is correct. Not mall dates and such, but rather local performances and things to strengthen presence in the community.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes at Memphis, and DCI has been extremely supportive in helping us re-envision the corps and build towards a successful tomorrow.

If you have questions, you may feel free to email me directly.

That's really cool. I guess DCI does care!!!!

Due to the nature of the 2008 season, and the change in leadership and reorganization of the corps. We are working with DCI through an informal evaluation. We and DCI want to make sure all our ducks are in a row and that we can achieve everything we set out to do. We have been given a tour schedule, and are working out the details of that now with DCI.

The change in leadership happened right before the initial schedule was announced.

and we are working to fill in dates with other performances, and DCI is looking at that too, so the member is correct. Not mall dates and such, but rather local performances and things to strengthen presence in the community.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes at Memphis, and DCI has been extremely supportive in helping us re-envision the corps and build towards a successful tomorrow.

If you have questions, you may feel free to email me directly.

This is where having Finals in the same location every year is an advantage because it makes it easier for Open Corps to plan ahead and to make fiscal decisions to attend Finals Week down the line.

because DCI seems very selective in which corps they help try to come back...or going through re-organization as seems to be in this case. so at times, yes DCI cares very much....in other times....oh wow no!!!

Wow. That's pretty accusatory. I would venture the guess that DCI tries to help every corps who requests the help, and who is able to manage the necessary changes.

because DCI seems very selective in which corps they help try to come back...or going through re-organization as seems to be in this case. so at times, yes DCI cares very much....in other times....oh wow no!!!

I have heard you say this before and I just disagree. Who has DCI helped more than other corps and how have they done so?

it's not so much the who they've helped that irks me, it's who they don't help. they made serious efforts to ensure Troopers were able to come back, efforts more so than with any other corps...and they should, the troop are beloved and it's great that they are back and as strong as they are.

that being said, there are so many open class corps that are on the verge of failure, or already there, not to mention world class corps who have to jump through hoops to try and come out.

now honestly i don't expect DCI to come to the aid of every single struggling corps, but if you do for one, you do for all, right?

Edited by bhs alumni