Blue Devils Reaction to Finals

Cavies = Arrogance

Disagree. I'd give that title to BD.

To me, the Cavaliers are like the nerdy kid in your math class that never makes less than an A. He knows he's smart, but he doesn't really brag about it. He just doesn't try to hide it either.

BD on the other hand are like the loudmouth trust fund baby who got kicked out of private school. When he aces a test, you'll know about it. And when he doesn't, you'll know even MORE about it.

Case in point: 2008.

Disagree. I'd give that title to BD.

To me, the Cavaliers are like the nerdy kid in your math class that never makes less than an A. He knows he's smart, but he doesn't really brag about it. He just doesn't try to hide it either.

BD on the other hand are like the loudmouth trust fund baby who got kicked out of private school. When he aces a test, you'll know about it. And when he doesn't, you'll know even MORE about it.

Case in point: 2008.

Wow, were they really THAT bad?

My take,

Cavies - Good

Cadets - Militarily disciplined

BD - They know they're good

Crown - DCP's "baby"(or does that title belong to Phantom? :tongue: )

Phantom - triumphant

Wow, were they really THAT bad?

Oh yeah, they were. Talk to any '08 BD member and they will have a billion things to talk about, like how Regiment didn't deserve it, their design team won not the members, DCI is out to get them because predictable results are bad for business ("Just look at how they ####ed BDB as well!"), etc. They are extremely bitter about it, and not scared to let you know.

Oh yeah, they were. Talk to any '08 BD member and they will have a billion things to talk about, like how Regiment didn't deserve it, their design team won not the members, DCI is out to get them because predictable results are bad for business ("Just look at how they ####ed BDB as well!"), etc. They are extremely bitter about it, and not scared to let you know.

Sure, each has a billion things to talk about and "They are extremely bitter" Do you even have any concept on how big a number a billion really is? Multiply that by 150 that's 150,000,000,000. Now I'm sure no one has come close to talking to you about anything 1/4 of a billion times. And by "They" you mean the entire organization? Because I'm sure not everyone or a 1/4 of the 2008 Blue Devils organizaton have ever complained to you about anything. I noticed you don't have any corps affiliation in you signature, Until you fess up and stake your claim, to me you're not even qualified to make such a statement. Or you really are such a person that an entire drum corps comes to to talk about a billion things. If that's the case then I am truely sorry for for my previous comments and I was way out of line. Travler Garvey

P.S. If you're going to generalize and use words like "They" "Any" "Billions" Maybe you can sneak in Them, Those, All, Every, Every time, Always and Gabillions.

They are extremely bitter about it, and not scared to let you know.

Who cares? This is about corps identities and i think you've hit one on BD. Excellence and competition (and winning at those) is an identity of who the Blue Devils are. Being the best is part of their identity in DCI, so what do you expect when they lose that identity on the last night of their season? Of course if you talk to them what they thought of the 08 results they're going to say things like that. And from what i've seen, unless you bring it up to an 08 member, they aren't really that bitter anymore, they are more focused on being the best BD corps to date in 09, A corps and B corps alike. Regardless, this thread isn't supposed to be about the 2008 Blue Devils A or B. :tongue:

Edited by FieldofBlueDreams

Sure, each has a billion things to talk about and "They are extremely bitter" Do you even have any concept on how big a number a billion really is? Multiply that by 150 that's 150,000,000,000. Now I'm sure no one has come close to talking to you about anything 1/4 of a billion times. And by "They" you mean the entire organization? Because I'm sure not everyone or a 1/4 of the 2008 Blue Devils organizaton have ever complained to you about anything. I noticed you don't have any corps affiliation in you signature, Until you fess up and stake your claim, to me you're not even qualified to make such a statement. Or you really are such a person that an entire drum corps comes to to talk about a billion things. If that's the case then I am truely sorry for for my previous comments and I was way out of line. Travler Garvey

P.S. If you're going to generalize and use words like "They" "Any" "Billions" Maybe you can sneak in Them, Those, All, Every, Every time, Always and Gabillions.

I think he may have been exaggerating a bit. You know, instead of coming up with an exact number or anything. And I can't disagree with him.

The point I was trying to make is that if it were the Cavaliers who got popped by Regiment on finals night after winning all season long, we wouldn't have seen the same reaction from both the members and fans. Was anyone active on the BD's message board finals night? Yikes. If that's class, it must be a special kind I've never heard of before.

And to the poster that asked me "who cares", I certainly don't. The fact that BD are a bunch of arrogant ###### is actually what appeals to me about the corps. It is their identity, and they shouldn't apologize for it. I only brought this up because someone said they felt that the Cavaliers were the arrogant ones. I was just posting because I don't think that's true, I think it's BD.

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of the posters on this board (minus a few offended BD alum) would agree with me.

The point I was trying to make is that if it were the Cavaliers who got popped by Regiment on finals night after winning all season long, we wouldn't have seen the same reaction from both the members and fans. Was anyone active on the BD's message board finals night? Yikes. If that's class, it must be a special kind I've never heard of before.

And to the poster that asked me "who cares", I certainly don't. The fact that BD are a bunch of arrogant ###### is actually what appeals to me about the corps. It is their identity, and they shouldn't apologize for it. I only brought this up because someone said they felt that the Cavaliers were the arrogant ones. I was just posting because I don't think that's true, I think it's BD.

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of the posters on this board (minus a few offended BD alum) would agree with me.

Some things never change :tongue:

and about BD being bitter... yeah, i'd be bitter too. But still i was on the plane ride back home i had the privilege of siting in front of a member from BD, and he was very ticked off, and not very happy, said it was bull ****. I also heard those comments from other BD members, and from some alumni.. but they do not represent the whole organization... but seriously, some class would be nice.

And yet BD and Phantom never truly went went head-to-head until Finals night (performance order matters!). BD never changed up their show at the end despite Phantom unveiling their master plan the weekend before. They never addressed weaknesses in Music Ensemble. Those members should ask why they stayed complacent. This is the second time that Phantom jumped BD on Finals night in three years, so maybe now they'll start thinking about how to prevent it in the future.