Nearly 400 Apply To Participate In Inaugural Parade

The Cadets received nearly 400 applications from current and past members, all seeking a spot in the 56th Presidential Inaugural Parade on Jan. 20th in Washington, D.C. Corps administrators will pour over the applications through the weekend and release the parade roster of 150 members by Tuesday, Dec. 16th, according...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...5&Itemid=39

Uniforms were my first thought, too. They probably don't have more than 250 uniforms. So, I guess, if you can fit into one of their uniforms, you're in! And maybe they could go with a "play what you brung" kind-of deal.

And then there's the matter of getting there and practicing (I know, parades usually only require like 30 minutes of practice, but still).

Edited by OdeToArsenal47

Corps administrators will pour over the applications through the weekend....

I suspect that would make most of them soggy and unreadable. Perhaps "poring" over the applications would be a better idea. :thumbup:

Why limit it to 150? I'm sure there will be a number of bands attending with well over 200 members.
I would imagine logistics being the main issue...# of uniforms and instruments being the big factor.

Also, they are marching as the current Cadets corps and not an alumni or all-stars or whatever corps. So, while they are filling any holes up to the 150 limit with alumni, it is meant to first and foremost represent the 2009 corps (with returning vets then new members getting first choice).

Another piece is likely a desire to have a good sounding 150 member corps rather than the louder but much less controlled sound that would result from a much larger group that gets together for just this one event.

I suspect that would make most of them soggy and unreadable. Perhaps "poring" over the applications would be a better idea. :thumbup:

I had similar thoughts - but in the spirit of the season…

But marching in 17º weather - at my age?! I love the idea of it - don't get me wrong, but I'm 60 and besides I think the Brassmen red would clash, don't you think?

Puppet