Empire Statesmen 2009 Kick Off!

Thanks for reminding me.

Empire's Hard Corps brass will be joining the UB Pep band to perform at the UB Basketball Doubleheader. The MAC leading UB Men will be hosting Toledo at noon with the ever-improving UB Women taking on Western Michigan at 2 p.m. There will be some volume for sure.

Check out UB pep band's arrangements of Brick House...Thriller...Walk this Way (kick-butt jazz arrangement)...Get it On...Vehicle...September Song...Paint It Black...Time Warp...Rock Lobster...and the list goes on!!! Great basketball and great sounds...who can resist??? :lol::lol::ninja:

UB students were very impressed with all of the Empire contingent but the trumpets were disappointed that Dave Seeley and Jimmy Steele didn't take anything up an octave. I guess next time I better invite Jamie Gibbs and Jeff Gibbens...LOL. :thumbdown:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh oh...

LOW blow

2 pt deduction for hitting below the belt

just a reminder that the next statesmen camp is february 15 from 9-5 at mercy high school. All are welcome to attend :thumbup::worthy:

UB students were very impressed with all of the Empire contingent but the trumpets were disappointed that Dave Seeley and Jimmy Steele didn't take anything up an octave. I guess next time I better invite Jamie Gibbs and Jeff Gibbens...LOL. :thumbup:

....was that during the men's game or the women's game?

You should have brought Ryan Codd...he would have taken it up, until Jimmy and Dave told him to stop.

BTW...he pushed so hard on Sunday at St. Joes that he cut his lip. He must be taking private lessons from my brother Tom.

Donny

You should have brought Ryan Codd...he would have taken it up, until Jimmy and Dave told him to stop.

BTW...he pushed so hard on Sunday at St. Joes that he cut his lip. He must be taking private lessons from my brother Tom.

Donny

no that was just special effects :thumbup:

Donny

Ryan was there but he wasn't taking anything up. He was probably intimidated by Seeley and Jimmy!!!

Ok, Ok ....let's set the record straight. First off, Ryan voluntarily played 2nd trumpet and did a good job, I guess he was saving it for Sunday. Ryan has improved a great deal since last year and has certainly matured as a player and generally doesn't take liberties anymore, well at least when he's around me. As for myself, I was to busy trying to figure out what language that the two UB people on either side of me were speaking, one being a physics major and the other a aeronautical engineering major. The UB kids did a great job and obviously have received some great instruction from the staff there. Look, I'm all for taking it up... but that gig belongs to those kids not me and I respect that. However, I guess next time I won't be so nice. lol

I personally had a great time. Thanks to UB, Mr Mauck and Jim Allen for asking us to tag along.

Dave

no that was just special effects :thumbup:

Back-Pressure shows your passion.

Ok, Ok ....let's set the record straight. First off, Ryan voluntarily played 2nd trumpet and did a good job, I guess he was saving it for Sunday. Ryan has improved a great deal since last year and has certainly matured as a player and generally doesn't take liberties anymore, well at least when he's around me. As for myself, I was to busy trying to figure out what language that the two UB people on either side of me were speaking, one being a physics major and the other a aeronautical engineering major. The UB kids did a great job and obviously have received some great instruction from the staff there. Look, I'm all for taking it up... but that gig belongs to those kids not me and I respect that. However, I guess next time I won't be so nice. lol

I personally had a great time. Thanks to UB, Mr Mauck and Jim Allen for asking us to tag along.

Dave

I too had a super time. The members of the U.B. Band were very appreciative and receptive towards those of us that took the time out of our schedules to make the trip. Dave, if you figured out the "language" fill me in during the next camp please. I thought about some of that "mumble jumble" during the ride back to Binghamton !! Out of the four mellophone players I had the pleasure of accompanying one also was some type of engineering major, one was a member of Spirit of JSU and the other two I personally can't remember (there is that ###### age factor again). Hopefully my recruiting efforts brings a couple of them to the next camp.

Thanks to all that made the trip possible. The ride out and back in the corps van was interesting while listening to the "war stories". The staff and students of the U.B. Pep Band definitely went out of their way to make us welcome. I hope to see many of them on the 15th.

Kenny Roe