Defenders 2009

Okay twist my arm , I'll be there.... Like it needs any twisting at all! The last year was a blast, and looking forward to doing it all again. Trying to get my youngest to come along more and get him involved.

Going to be busy this Winter/Spring between Defenders and the Legends Show in April

Edited by rb325th

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you playing?

The same thing I played last year...Bass Drum, with a guest appearance by the gong

I mean, what music?

I myself have not heard of any specific changes for the coming year, though the past years repertoire consisted of "Divergents", "She's not there", "Brass Roots", "Solitaire", and "America"..

Oh, as well as "Ole Sole Mio" which we performed during the St Anthony Festival in Bostons North End.

Most of what we performed was from our time competing in DCI many moons ago.

I know Standor and the rest of our staff are working on some additional pieces, but what they will be remains to be seen. At least by me anyhow.

We are fortunate that in the past year we progressed the way we did in membership, as well as for many of us it being the first time back playing in many years. For myself, I had not touched a horn since 1983. Hopefully we will continue to have fun, expand our membership, and continue to grow in our sound.

I myself have not heard of any specific changes for the coming year, though the past years repertoire consisted of "Divergents", "She's not there", "Brass Roots", "Solitaire", and "America"..

Oh, as well as "Ole Sole Mio" which we performed during the St Anthony Festival in Bostons North End.

Most of what we performed was from our time competing in DCI many moons ago.

I know Standor and the rest of our staff are working on some additional pieces, but what they will be remains to be seen. At least by me anyhow.

We are fortunate that in the past year we progressed the way we did in membership, as well as for many of us it being the first time back playing in many years. For myself, I had not touched a horn since 1983. Hopefully we will continue to have fun, expand our membership, and continue to grow in our sound.

Didn't Purple Lancers play divergents?

Pembroke Imperials played it in 77 or 78? I am aware of several other corps who played it but can not remember them. I would say our '81 version was good with the smokin horn line and the kick ### drum line.

As far as new material for this year I believe the think tank is adding one or two tunes to our repetoire from the vault. Maybe a new tune. All information is being guarded by Blackwater agents. Hopefully it won't get out before the 18th.

Pembroke Imperials played it in 77 or 78? I am aware of several other corps who played it but can not remember them. I would say our '81 version was good with the smokin horn line and the kick ### drum line.

As far as new material for this year I believe the think tank is adding one or two tunes to our repetoire from the vault. Maybe a new tune. All information is being guarded by Blackwater agents. Hopefully it won't get out before the 18th.

We 're adding 2 new tunes for 2009.

One is St. Louis Blues.

This will be a more modern version of the one played by the Defenders in the 60s.

The second one is …

Stay tuned, big announcement next week!

Speaking of the Pembroke Implerials, any continuing news on their return to the alumni scene? ... they participated in the DCA Mini Corps contest on year (2007?) and was just wondering how they're doing ... lots of activity up in the Boston Area ... how about hosting at I&E/Mini Corps show up there? ... maybe ressurect St. Kevin's Invitational show ... now that would be something ...

:-)

I don't think so...it's not on the legacy dvd.

If I can't see it, it didn't happen.