Spartans bankruptcy / discussion

First of all, the Spartans entered bankruptcy because of their board of directors not the director of the corps. Apparently it was discovered that the board was handling things in a way they shouldn't have which caused the director to file for Code 11 bankruptcy in which the state comes and takes over the board of directors. Long story short, its irrelevant to argue whether or not the Spartans will be fielding this year because the fact of the matter is that the Corps hall has been put up for sale and if sold, which is very likely, it will make back all of the money they owed in the first place. Basically this whole situation has been blown way out of proportion to what the situation really is and its not as dire of a situation as its made out to be.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically this whole situation has been blown way out of proportion to what the situation really is and its not as dire of a situation as its made out to be.

And what happens when they need to raise the next batch of money?????

What was the hall used for, especially in the way of practice and fund raising?

there are (usually) only a couple of reasons a drum corps is in a local newspaper:

they are hosting a show sponsored by the newspaper (Regiment's "Show of Shows")

the corps has won the championship (my uncle who lives in Concord, CA has actually heard of the Blue Devils)

or the corps is in serious trouble.

btw: none of my comments were specific to the Spartans, especially in discussing the finances of a corps...however this is cause for concern in my eyes.

Edited by bhs alumni

For the record P J LaFlamme is the nephew of Peter.

For the record P J LaFlamme is the nephew of Peter.

My bad, just read the original on the newspapers website and now it's clearer.

Read the comments (30 as of now) and wondering how mnay are from local people and how many are from DC fans outside of NH. And please... oh please people do not respond to the comment from the woman named Catherine. She has a bias against DC today and that's all I'm gonna say.....

Read the comments (30 as of now) and wondering how mnay are from local people and how many are from DC fans outside of NH.

My bad again....

I mean comments on the Nahsua Telegraphs website not DCP. Unless bhs alumni posted on both sites.

Edit: Just see that the link is for a Jan 10th article and this has 30 comments. The article posted by likedrumcorps is from yesterday. Any idea if the article from the 14th will be posted on the web? Heh, just see the Jan 10th article is on top of the "most Read" list, I can dig that.

I'm a fan of smaller corps and New Hampshire/Upper New England in general (worked at Portsmouth, NH for two weeks then vacationed there years later :tongue: ).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

First of all, the Spartans entered bankruptcy because of their board of directors not the director of the corps. Apparently it was discovered that the board was handling things in a way they shouldn't have which caused the director to file for Code 11 bankruptcy in which the state comes and takes over the board of directors. Long story short, its irrelevant to argue whether or not the Spartans will be fielding this year because the fact of the matter is that the Corps hall has been put up for sale and if sold, which is very likely, it will make back all of the money they owed in the first place. Basically this whole situation has been blown way out of proportion to what the situation really is and its not as dire of a situation as its made out to be.

Peter is the Executive Director of the Board of directors as well as "The Director of the Drum corps". So, he is the leader of the board.